I Love This Clip Sport!!!

Being careless, I recently lost by Clip+ Zip. I bought the Sport and like it a lot. It seems built better and the headphones that come with it work as good or better than my SkullCandy ones. The text is larger so it is much easier to read. The only problem I’m having is that when I select a song, I have to rotate down to play it because the shuffle option is always there. Hopefully, the bugs will be worked out at the next update. Where can I download the update when it becomes available. Thanks

Any f/w updates that come along will be posted here on the forum. Usually as a “sticky” post here in the Clip Sport board as well as a listing and link to it in the Firmware Thread in the User guides | Firmware | Software board.

Thnaks Tape. I am a bit suprised that I’m hearing a lot of negative things about the new Sport. I love the longer battery life and feel that with the proper firmware updates, people will grow to like this player.

@americanlt wrote:

. . . with the proper firmware updates . . . .

And, that’s the key . . . .

@americanlt wrote:

Thnaks Tape. I am a bit suprised that I’m hearing a lot of negative things about the new Sport. I love the longer battery life and feel that with the proper firmware updates, people will grow to like this player.

Outside of the battery, I haven’t heard one positive review on this thing. There’s a reason people keep buying refurbs of older models. Just lost my Clip+ at a race and was looking forward to an upgrade, but even the Zip isn’t an upgrade with no time bar. Now this limited model comes out and brings it back but introduces many other limitations. Just don’t get this company. They have a unique niche and every generation  just introduces very little progress and more let downs. Just sad.

I think the overall sound quality is better than the Clip Zip, if you don’t mind the occasional stutter, crackle, and slowdown.  Oh, and turn off ReplayGain, otherwise songs that don’t have ReplayGain tags will damage your hearing (and can’t even be turned down).  Also, my Clip Zip battery stopped charging within the warranty period, which is how I got the Clip Sport.

Other posts mention its limited functionality, which I certainly hope doesn’t mean it can’t do firmware updates.  My sansa updater doesn’t even see it connected to the USB.

The way it divides your music collection into two separate ones, card vs. internal memory, is very limiting.  When I do Music / Play All, I want to hear all the music. not just what’s internal.

The lack of a locking feature negates the “sport” aspect, always starting over or skipping to the next song while I’m working out.

My plan is to wait a little longer for the firmware update.  If it doesn’t come out soon, or it doesn’t solve the problems I have with the device, it’s going back to the store with a very negative review.  I’ll just have to get a Clip Zip or a Clip Plus and update that, as I haven’t found another decent microSDHC mp3 player. 

Can anyone recommend one?