Future firmware suggestions

I’ve just purchased the Clip Sport (Firmware 1.09) as a gift. It’s nice, and I like the reasonable screen and controls. I’d like to note the following issues:

1. Issue: Album tracks play only in title alphabetical order.

Suggested fix : Allow play according to track number order.

Workaround: Rename titles (using MP3Tag) to include track number: “01-name”, “02-another name”, etc.

1. Issue: Hebrew album names are truncated to 12 characters. Emglih album names are not truncated, don’t know about other languages.

Effect: If an artist has albums named “Greatest hits 1” and “Greatest hits 2”, both are lumped together as one big “Greatest hit” (12 characters), and play according to title (see bug 1).

Suggested fix: Don’t truncate album names.

Workaround: Rename albums. for example, “1 Greatest Hits” and “2 Greatest Hits”.

1. Issue: If player is set to a non-Hebrew language, Hebrew names appear reversed.

Scenario1: People who have Hebrew music but prefer English UI, since the Hebrew translation is not that great (me).

Scenario2: People who have Hebrew music but are native Russian speakers (the intended giftees).

Suggested fix: Decide on reading order according to name’s first directional character, not according to UI language.