Future firmware suggestions

I’m huge fan of sansa clip+, but now my sansa clip+ completely broken and i buy clip sport.

So, i little disappointed now.

And here my suggestions to firmware updates which can be improve (imho) clip sport usage.

First of all it’s very noisly Maximum Volume warning. Each time i power down and power up my clip sport and try to increase volume it appears. I want to disable it permanently. I don’t want to see this warning. So, i suggest after i press Yes in this warning it disables permanently and can be enabled only through Settings (if someone needed this) or after hard reset player.

Second - how i can play all tracks in folder / track number order? There is no way to do this, only track title order. I want to start playing in some folder and after last track in that folder played it must go to the next folder, not first track of current folder.

And third but not the last, very low maximum volume. My sansa clip+ was much loudly without any eq and replaygain features, but clip sport very quiet and i can’t hear sound in loudly places. I’m not using stock earphones, but using Sennheiser HD 465. Is that a firmware or hardware issue?

Thank for reading, sorry for my english and hopes my suggestions will be used in future firmware updates.

For the first one go to Settings>System Settings>Volumen>Set to High… doing a Restore before might help, now mine doesn’t show the warning at all.

For the rest, I’m in the same boat as you, I’m glad I’m not  the only one with the track order thingy layout. I do running with this device, I don’t see why the tracks are not in the correct order, also some albums with almost the same name they mix up together. Like Album 1 and Album 2= one big un-ordered album. I’m just waiting a little bit for an update.

@apho0otik wrote:

For the first one go to Settings>System Settings>Volumen>Set to High… doing a Restore before might help, now mine doesn’t show the warning at all.

I have no that options in menu. What firmware version do you have? Mine is 1.09.

Forth, where is hold?

@nafania wrote:

@apho0otik wrote:

I have no that options in menu. What firmware version do you have? Mine is 1.09.

Is your Region set to Europe? If so, there’s a volume limit in place. Restore factory settings and choose US or Rest of World.

I did a restore first in order for that option to appear, do as tapeworm says, he is correct.

Don’t bother posting in this thread.  If they do anything with the suggestions, it’s usually to continue ommitting the feature indefinitely.  Multiple requests for the same features in the Clip Zip that were previously in the Clip+ not only didn’t get the features put back in the Clip Zip, it didn’t even prevent them from removing more features from the Clip Sport.  Not sure why they bother having these threads.

Except that, likely including as a result of consumer comments including here, SanDisk added a time clock and aac compatibility to the line.

I do agree, though:  other features, already in the line, should have been “brought back”/not dropped.  E.g. (and most glaringly):  time elapsed and remaining in play.  Plus, like you, I would like to see the line continue to develop, not stay where it is/was.

1 Like

@tapeworm wrote:

@nafania wrote:

@apho0otik wrote:

Is your Region set to Europe? If so, there’s a volume limit in place. Restore factory settings and choose US or Rest of World.

Thanks, it works.

@2x4 wrote:

Don’t bother posting in this thread.  If they do anything with the suggestions, it’s usually to continue ommitting the feature indefinitely.  Multiple requests for the same features in the Clip Zip that were previously in the Clip+ not only didn’t get the features put back in the Clip Zip, it didn’t even prevent them from removing more features from the Clip Sport.  Not sure why they bother having these threads.

If I (or someone else) don’t post about bugs/features they just do not do anything but if not - there is chance to see new features in later updates.

I’d like to add my request to fix the file labeling system.  As far as I can see it’s impossible to listen to a non-audible audio book.  When I load it up, it ignores the numbers before the text of the file name such as, 1-01, 1-02 which indicate the order of the old cd files, and just goes with names after the numbers, such as, “a chance or rain, by the old oak tree” and then alphabetizes those tracks.  Even by renaming the tracks to just numbers the Clip Sport somehow finds the old file names and uses those.  So unless you have a book where all of the tracks are naturally alphabetized, you are out of luck, guess I will have to stick to podcast for now.

You have to edit the ID3 tags on the files. Changing the file’s names will do nothing.

MP3Tag

Wow Thanks!, I got a Mp3 Tag editor for Mac and after a few tries I was able to use the pure number file names that I had made earlier as the new mp3 tags and it works like that, but still I would think that this is a bit above and beyond your average consumer

Actually, it’s pretty standard for audio players nowadays–ID3 tags control.

I have the same problem with audiobook chapters - will not show chapters according to numbers in front of the title. Please do not tell me that I need to use special program to edit all tag numbers instead of just sorting chapters as they are - by numbers in the front of the title. This is the way audiobook chapters are showing on my computer and that is the way they should show on MP3 player. I bought dedicated MP3 player to keep everything simple - read books and play music. If you want to keep sorting by tags name, please add as an option sorting by number/alphabetical order.

To follow my previous entry, I downloaded recommended software on this chat for tag editing (MP3TAG) and checked tags for my audiobook,and first is the track number. On MP3TAG screen I selected option to sort by tag numbers and lo and behold all chapters were in correct sequence. I transferred that file to my Clip Sport and the same problem exists - chapters are some in order and some randomly dispersed. Any suggestions what to do?

Wha I had to do using mp3tag(awesome program been using it for years), is changed the actual title of the track, I added a number before each title. I can’t write much were I am but with mp3tag there’s an auto-labeling function and ends up like this:

01-name

02-name

03-name

ect…

Thanks to mp3tag the sport stayed with me, thou I am waiting for a firmware update to fix this labeling issue as I do no plan to do this with every album…

Thank you very much for that suggestion Apho0tik. I tried renaming the title by adding numbers in front of it as you suggested but correct sorting still did not work for me. I tried many different ways to change arrangements in tag, file name, track number but in no way I can get the right order of tracks. The sorting algorithm is a true mystery for me. Since I’m using player for audiobooks, such a problem makes player useless. I’m really disappointed in SanDisk because it is such a basic problem which should be noticed immediately if somebody actually bothered to load the book and check it. I hope as you said that there will be firmware upgrade soon fixing that problem.

There is another problem not related to sorting. If I try to delete audiobook from menu on Clip Sport, it will not do it. Only using computer I can erase file from Clip Sport.

Yesterday I tried to play FLAC files and I was supprised, player cant play it :slight_smile:

Please add support of FLAC in next firmware.

@serge732 wrote:

Yesterday I tried to play FLAC files and I was supprised, player cant play it :slight_smile:

Please add support of FLAC in next firmware.

Are the FLAC files you tried 16-bit, 44.1kHz? Anything higher than that will not play on a Sansa player.