Firmware 1.36

I just bought a Clip Sport. Before i bought it I read through the user manual and I ended up puying this because it still had the option of selecting GENRE, but now that i got it I find that this was eliminted with version 1.36. 

I think this is very poor for a company to make a change like this and not document it or advertize it. Now I have a mp3 player that does not do whant I wanted like my old E200 series.

I listen to all genres and wanted to be able to select what i listen to by the genre. I read that this was taken out with version 1.36. Is it possible to back date the firmware to the previous version so i can have this option?

Private message sent.

From this SanDisk Clip Sport Forum message, it looks like sorting by Genre was eliminated after FirmWare 1.09.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Firmware-1-36-released/td-p/355902

I would like to know if it is (or ever was) possible to downgrade FirmWare versions in the Clip Sport ??

Yep–simply apply the firmware version you want to use.

I remember reading a few messages about this topic including a discussion with user Clipfan7.

Re: The 1.28 firmware with the 4,000 file limit

10-01-2016 06:28 PM 

__  That is exactly what I did as dragged it manually into the root of the sport. Unplug and it updates but doesn’t update the firmware or in this case downgrade it.

I never learned through this Forum whether Clipfan7 was able to downgrade to Firmware 1.28  from FW 1.29.

Made me wonder if each new Firmware prevents reverse updateing ?? 

I remember reading a few messages about this topic including a discussion with user Clipfan7.

__  That is exactly what I did as dragged it manually into the root of the sport. Unplug and it updates but doesn’t update the firmware or in this case downgrade it.

I never learned through this Forum whether Clipfan7 was able to downgrade to Firmware 1.28  from FW 1.29.

Made me wonder if each new Firmware prevents reverse updateing ?? 

That is exactly what I did as dragged it manually into the root of the sport. Unplug and it updates but doesn’t update the firmware or in this case downgrade it.

Made me wonder if each new Firmware prevents reverse updating ?? 

I don’t believe so.

Correct. I was not able to go back and putting this updatedhex in the root had no effect on the player. 

I thought that you should be able to go “back and forth” between firmware versions to your heart’s content.