Fast Forward

In the fuze I had in the past when I pressed forward & held in down it gradually faster the longer I held the button. Ideal for larger 10h+ books.

With the clip sport this fast forward stops at 2min increments. Utterly useless unless I want to keep the button pressed down for many minutes.

Are the other clip’s as bad?

Increasingly frustrated with this incarnation.

What other Clips? Currently, there is only the Clip Sport and Jam. And they are pretty much the same player with the same processor, identical limitations and similar firmware. So I would assume they operate the same as well.

If you can find one of the older Clip+'s or Zips, then they are from the older generation players (with different processor), so those would behave/operate closer to the Fuze. Problem is, they’ve been out of production for some time now, so prices from those who still have them (even re-furbs) are quite a bit higher.

Sort of what  expected. Sansa seems to have gone backwards after a promising start. The fuze & view were decent machines.

The clips just seem poor cousins in comparison. From digging about online seems that they have gone down a route of cheaper components & less resources. If the inability to support rockbox is anything to go by, grossly under-resourced.

What with the audible issues, throttled resources & processor, limitations on filename sizes it’s becoming apparent that the clip just isn’t up to being usable for audiobooks.

Shame really. 

@rouleur wrote:

Sort of what  expected. Sansa seems to have gone backwards after a promising start. The fuze & view were decent machines.

The clips just seem poor cousins in comparison. From digging about online seems that they have gone down a route of cheaper components & less resources. If the inability to support rockbox is anything to go by, grossly under-resourced.

What with the audible issues, throttled resources & processor, limitations on filename sizes it’s becoming apparent that the clip just isn’t up to being usable for audiobooks.

Shame really. 

The original Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip are super–it’s only with the Sport and Jam that the move to the newer and less-powerful (!) processor chip was made and these problems arose.  Seeming due to the original chip’s manufacturer’s discontinuance of the original chip.

Interestingly, a new, promising DAP from a competitor, using a chip from the same family of the chip in the Sport and Jam, is suffering issues similar to the Sport and Jam.  I’m not an engineer, but isn’t a suitable (and even, more powerful) replacement for the original Clip chip available at this point in time?  It’s been more than 8 years since the original Clip came out–usually, technology becomes cheaper over time, and more powerful . . . .

I SO agree!  Can we get a firmware update??

1 Like

Also agree, so annoying…