FLAC format not supported

@antekgruczol wrote:

I need flac because I have most of my music files in FLAC format.  BTW In what cases need to have a FLAC is useful? :smiley: FLAC is generally better format than MP3 regardless of the quality of the device, isn’t it? In my opinion bitrate between 1000kbps and 1200kbps is total bull**bleep** because most of audio material has bitrate less than 1000kbps. I don’t know how to create FLAC with more than 1000kbps. Someone knows?

Generally better? Depends on the ears. I have a hard time hearing a difference between Lame -V0 or even -V2 and lossless. But even if you hear one, is it decisive? I mean, you listen through a SanDisk Sport, and I dare to pretend a FiiO X5 or X3 II with MP3s (of course well encoded) will sound clearly better than a Sport full of Flacs. What I mean to say: The Sport – as good as it sounds – is not the device which you’d use for exploring the highest recording qualities. So MP3 will make more sense.

BTW, I use mostly Flac with my FiiOs – also because the X5 is the center of my home system (as a digital drive feeding a high-end DAC/headphone amp).

I’ve never encountered bitrates higher than 990 kbps with Flac files (~700 kbps or below being the norm).