FLAC format not supported

Files created by foobar. Bitrate 916kbps, sample rate 44100Hz, Bits per sample 16, encoding lossless. I was informed in shop that this format will be suported. Firmware 1.22

FLAC: supported 1000 Kbps - 1200 Kbps:

Are you sure? Is there any specification for flac files, any links?

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14130

http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clipsport-um.pdf

I cannot find this information in this manual, but  Ive looked for google and really I’ve found this information in:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14130/~/sandisk-clip-sport%2Fjam-supported-file-types

It is a pity that this information is not available on the carton of this MP3 player and in the shop.

FLAC files copy to the memory of the main device and play them.
FLAC MicroSD me to play only if the MicroSD Class 4 (Kingston 32GB Class 4)

Flac = «lossy»? :dizzy_face: (see above Chart)

Flac files on my SanDisk class 10 card do play, but show interferences. I haven’t tried to play them from the internal memory, not knowing it will make a difference – which I hardly can comprehend, though.

However, who needs Flac on the Sansas! MP3 will do.

I need flac because I have most of my music files in FLAC format.  BTW In what cases need to have a FLAC is useful? :smiley: FLAC is generally better format than MP3 regardless of the quality of the device, isn’t it? In my opinion bitrate between 1000kbps and 1200kbps is total bull**bleep** because most of audio material has bitrate less than 1000kbps. I don’t know how to create FLAC with more than 1000kbps. Someone knows?

@antekgruczol wrote:

I need flac because I have most of my music files in FLAC format.  BTW In what cases need to have a FLAC is useful? :smiley: FLAC is generally better format than MP3 regardless of the quality of the device, isn’t it? In my opinion bitrate between 1000kbps and 1200kbps is total bull**bleep** because most of audio material has bitrate less than 1000kbps. I don’t know how to create FLAC with more than 1000kbps. Someone knows?

Generally better? Depends on the ears. I have a hard time hearing a difference between Lame -V0 or even -V2 and lossless. But even if you hear one, is it decisive? I mean, you listen through a SanDisk Sport, and I dare to pretend a FiiO X5 or X3 II with MP3s (of course well encoded) will sound clearly better than a Sport full of Flacs. What I mean to say: The Sport – as good as it sounds – is not the device which you’d use for exploring the highest recording qualities. So MP3 will make more sense.

BTW, I use mostly Flac with my FiiOs – also because the X5 is the center of my home system (as a digital drive feeding a high-end DAC/headphone amp).

I’ve never encountered bitrates higher than 990 kbps with Flac files (~700 kbps or below being the norm).

SanDisk Clip Sport is MP3player for for fools or poor/miser people

For comparison
Specification not much more expensive COWON E3 8GB
Playback Time
Music : Max. 11 Hours 30 Minutes
Battery Charging
USB : 1 Hour 30 Minutes (5V / 500mA)
Frequency Range
20Hz ~ 20KHz
Max Output
Stereo, Left: 12mW, Right :12mW (16? earphones)
S/N Ratio
95dB
File Formats
MP3/2, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV

JaZZ agree with you. But it is unprofessional to write in specs FLAC support if playing this format is impossible or dificult.

@antekgruczol wrote:

SanDisk Clip Sport is MP3player for for fools or poor/miser people

For comparison
Specification not much more expensive COWON E3 8GB …

Not a player for my needs (can’t use a touchscreen during jogging). How does it sound?

I’m glad for you that you don’t belong to the fool people like us! :smiley:

@antekgruczol wrote:

JaZZ agree with you. But it is unprofessional to write in specs FLAC support if playing this format is impossible or dificult.

That’s where I agree with you! :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe they are ashamed to mention it.

Jazz wrote:  I’m glad for you that you don’t belong to the fool people like us!

:smiley: I just gave yourself be fooled by the non-professional seller.

Well, I never cared for Flac on the Sport (tried it just out of curiosity), and I was aware of the split database (another unwanted feature) beforehand, so I knew what to expect from the player, which still satisfies my needs in its dedicated area (sports).