External card not recognizing audiobooks in mp3 format

I had used the external card on a previous SanDisk player, and I was able to load books just fine, and play them, but when I put the card into the Clip Sport, I got the message “file format not supported”. I even reformatted the external card using the Clip Sport, but I still get the same message when I copy a book to it.

can you post a link to one of the files giving the error?

Maybe an experienced SanDisk owner of an older Clip model and a Clip Jam / Sport can tell us if the music and audiobook library files created by one player on a micro SD card can be immediately used by the other player.

I am guessing the library files will not be functional in a different generation of a SanDisk device.

(Even though the audio files could be totally compatible; if no DRM.)

Also, I did not know that the Clip Sport could format the micro SD card (only the internal memory of the player)?

>>Maybe an experienced SanDisk owner of an older Clip model and a Clip Jam / Sport can tell us if the music and audiobook library files created by one player on a micro SD card can be immediately used by the other player.

I was able to just move the external card from one Sansa Clip to another with no problem. I was NOT able to move that same card to the Sport Clip. I got the file format not supported message.

>>Also, I did not know that the Clip Sport could format the micro SD card (only the internal memory of the player)?

It was one of the options, so I tried it. I still get the file format not supported message for mp3 files copied to the external card.

So your Clip Sport is not able to play audiobook mp3 files on your micro SD card.

But these files will play OK if copied into the internal memory of your Clip Sport?

Here are a few suggestions to consider:

1. Are you able to get any other mp3 files to play on your SD card (music files)?

2. Do you have another micro SD card to compare? Is the problem linked to one card or all cards? (8-32 gb are best)

3. What software method are you using to copy these files into the audiobooks folder?

I like to use Windows File Explorer with click and drag.

1. How did you acquire /encode these files?   Download or rip from CD?

What bit rate? Constant or variable?    Make sure no digital rights management in the mp3 files.

Hopefully you will not mind a few rounds of experimentation to resolve this problem?

I think the Clip Sport is fun to use after I figured out the proper care and feeding for this device.

Maybe a few other SanDisk users will add to this discussion and lead the way to a good resolution.