Does Sansa Firmware Updater work for Clip Sport?

I tried to install the latest version of Sansa Updater v1.406 but was unsuccessful.  At a certain point in the install process, the user is directed to connect their Sansa MP3 player and click ‘Finish’.  I connect the Sansa Clip Sport, it’s recognized by the PC (Vista OS), but the updater won’t proceed.  Notably, on the left side of the installer gui, a graphic slowly displays the various Sansa MP3 players.  The Clip Sport is not among them, only Clip, Clip+, and Clip Zip.

Anyone with any insight into this problem?  Thanks!

There is no firmware update for the Sport. My guess is that once they have one, they’ll release an update for the Firmware Updater utility that works with it.

And, quite candidly, easy to install any firmware update manually–it will be posted here–and thereby save the extra clutter of the always-on Updater . . . .

@miikerman wrote:

And, quite candidly, easy to install any firmware update manually–it will be posted here–and thereby save the extra clutter of the always-on Updater . . . .

The Updater is hardly more than nag-ware and slows down your system. I don’t know of anybody that recommends using it.

@tapeworm wrote:

+ 1.

The Updater is hardly more than nag-ware and slows down your system. I don’t know of anybody that recommends using it.

Well, possibly apart from SanDisk.   :wink: