Clip sport doesn't turn on except while being charged

Hi,

I have a problem with my Clip Sport.

For the first few months of using it the device was working properly, so I could enjoy great music while running.

After some time it started to make a reset on its own. Then I started to have a problem with turning it on. The mp3 was working mainly when it was connected to some power source, from time to time after disconnecting it was also working (15 % of cases). Lately it doesn’t want to turn on at all, only when its connected. Basically it does not work at all. All the time I can see the screen “charging” and that’s it. I can’t move to menu, I can’t do anything.

I have tried to do the format (didn’t help), I’ve installed new firmware 1.38, but it also didn’t work, and my mp3 player can be used only as a file storage.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Contact SanDisk Support about a possible warranty replacement.

I am having similar problems with my 1.5 year old Clip Sport.  The only way I could start up my player is to hold down >30 sec on the oval shaped On/Off/Select button. Most times I get a white screen. A 2nd round of >30 sec button pressing usually fires it up.

USE POWER SAVER TO SHUT OFF PLAYER

For  the last 2 days I have had success getting my device to start up normally by not shutting it off with the On/Off/Select button.   Instead, I pause my playback and wait for the Power Saver feature to turn off my player.

I set Power Saver = 5 min.

Bonus Result = My micro SD card access is working normal if I let Power Saver turn off my player !!!

I will update here if this method is only a temporary fix…

I am havng similar problems with my 18 month old Clip Sport.  I can usually manage to get it started by pressing down on the On/Off/Select button for >30 secs. Many times I get a white screen. Then I try the 30 sec button press again and try to get the normal SanDisk start up screen. This problem has been occuring for a few months. 

It seems my player functions better if I allow it to turn itself off using the Power Saver feature (5 min of inactivity).

It is ironic for me to start experiencing these problems since my Clip Sport battery lasts for way more hours than any of my Apple iPods. (Hope I did not break any Forum rules by mentioning iPod?)

I am experiencing some of your problems with my 18 month old Clip Sport.  I can usually manage to get it started by pressing down on the On/Off/Select button for ~20 secs and then let go to get the normal SanDisk start up logo. This problem has been occuring for a few months. Especialy after I turn off the player with the On/Off button

My player functions better if I allow it to turn itself off using the Power Saver feature (5 min of inactivity).

It is ironic for me to start experiencing these problems since my Clip Sport battery lasts for way more hours than any of my Apple iPods. (Hope I did not break any Forum rules by mentioning iPod?)

I am experiencing some of your problems with my 18 month old Clip Sport. My problems seem to occur whenever I turn off the player manually with the On/Off/Select button.

I can usually manage to get my Clip Sport started by pressing down on the On/Off/Select button for ~20 secs and then let go. Then it displays the normal SanDisk start up logo. (Start-up does not occur if I keep pressing the button.)

My player functions almost normally when I allow it to turn itself off using the Power Saver feature (5 min of inactivity), or when I use the Sleep feature.  These settings are available in the Settings -> System Settings menu.

1 Like