Clip Sport

I am trying to use the Clip Sport in my 2012 Toyota RAV4, it works when I don’t have a memory card in but it won’t play music on a card. What am I doing wrong?

Bob

When you first insert a new (or FAT32 reformatted) micro SD card into the Clip Sport, the device will create several folders as shown below.  The player is designed to look for audio files in these subfolders.  You can use FOLDER MODE or CARD MODE to play your audio files in these folders.  Make sure you properly “eject” your player from the USB port every time you finish managing folders and files in your player.

SD Card Directory.JPG

If you are trying to play it through (and controlled by) your car’s audio system, no car stereo I know of will see or recognize the card slot, only the internal memory.

@tapeworm wrote:

If you are trying to play it through (and controlled by) your car’s audio system, no car stereo I know of will see or recognize the card slot, only the internal memory.

That makes sense. So I am shot down. How about using a cable from the earphone jack to AUX input? It won’t charge, but at least I could listen to music.

Bob

That would work since you are using the device (Clip Sport) to control everything (except volume; you could still use the stereo’s volume control).