Clip Sport will not power on

Last night, I plugged in my Clip Sport, which had been working fine for about 6 months, to my computer.  There was a Firmware update, so I installed that.  After it was finished, I was prompted to unplug it to complete install.  Did that.  No problems so far.  This morning, it would not turn on.  I hit the power button and “SanDisk” appears in red for a second or two, then nothing.  I plug it into my computer and it the player does the red “SanDisk” thing again, but nothing else.  My PC doesn’t recognize it.  I tried resetting it.  I held the power button for 5 minutes, same thing.  I held the power button and back button for 5 minutes., no change.  I left it to charge for 7 hours, same thing.  Is it dead?

1 Like

Which firmware are you now running?

Since it updated on the 5th, my guess would be that it’s the new one: 1.22.

I have just downloaded and tested v1.22 , with no issues.

Try holding power button for 40+ seconds, wait 10+ seconds, then hold power button for 20+ seconds.

If necessary, wait another 30 seconds and repeat …

Or just hard reset the player by holding the power button down for 30 seconds or so, and then try starting up normally. 

My SanDisk Clip Sport is having the same described problem.  I tried to update the firmware to 1.22 version (I think) but the screen showed me a fail message.  I tried to do it again with same results.  Now the device is not turning ON and is not recognized by the computer (nothing happens on the computer when I plug it in, only the red SanDisk logo shows.  As you had this same problem, could you please help me to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

@ckussatz wrote:

…I held the power button for 5 minutes, same thing.  I held the power button and back button for 5 minutes., no change…

It doesn’t look good then. Personally I had no problems after the update.