Clip Sport Songs Order & Album Mix-ups

drlucky,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand it is unlikely there will be any changes in firmware coding. I don’t mean to be rude or untoward by also mentioning what follows. It may help prompt SanDisk in present or future coding improvements.

These devices come with an enormous amount of internal memory and have the capability to add more externally. A very large amount of music can be stored on them. So lets’ say one wants to store the set of Beethoven piano sonatas. Beethoven wrote thirty-two of these. Most have three or four movements. So that would amount to 32 Folders of three or four files each. If these are .wav files internal memory use would leave approximately two gigabytes with the ability to use more on an external memory card. If the user prefers MP3 format memory capability can be increased four or fivefold. So you may also want Chopin’s Nocturnes on there, along with a few Van Halen albums for good measure.

If we put the thirty-two folders (the sonatas), each with three or files, a normal user would expect them to be sorted in alpha/numeric format as may be stored on a hard drive. The user does not want to have to re-name or tag each of these files (167 in this case) and the user most certainly does not want to listen to these files in any other order than intended by the composer. While the order may not be so important for pop music I think most users would prefer the option to sort this way. And it is crucial for classical music files to be played in a particular order as I think most people understand. So even if there are “fixes” in tagging techniques or in what would be a monumental task of re-naming files, I am not satisfied. This issue should be fixed the proper way through coding so that it works properly right out of the rigid plastic shipping container.

In all other respects it’s a fine player; otherwise I wouldn’t take so much time here.

Most respectfully,

Flunky.