Reply
Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎03-25-2016

Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

[ Edited ]

I have used this Sansa Clip Sport for over a 1 year with a 32gb micro sd card. Several issues for your help:

  1. Many songs (mp3) saved on the SD card are now showing on Sansa Clip Sport. I've simplified the routes to the files--which helped show/get to some of the mp3 files. However, there are still many songs not displayed.

I recently update to the latest firmware (1.29). Other two issues that happen this week: 

  1. My Sansa Clip Sport now is not even reading the sd card at all. It keeps showing the error message "Disk Error! Please re-plug SD Card." 
  2. My Sansa Clip Sport is becoming very difficult to turn on. I have to hold the button for about 60 minutes to turn it on, and sometimes it even can't be turned on!

Can someone help!!!

SanDisk Professor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎09-12-2015

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

[ Edited ]

While the player is turned Off, try ejecting the SD card. Then turn the player On. Will the player act normal and recognize and play all the audio files in your internal memory?

      IF YES, then maybe you need to check the SD card for file errors using Windows Drive Tool (Properties tab).

      Maybe best to repair the SD card using a micro SD card holder inserted into the SD card slot in your computer.

Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎03-25-2016

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

I ejected the micro sd card, and the files saved on the internal drive are played properly on Sansa Clip Sport. 

 

Then I used my micro sd card holder to read the micro sd card from my computer. All the files are fine and can be played from my computer. Does it mean that the card is fine?

 

So now what might be the reason that the micro sd card can't be read by Sansa Clip Sport? Thanks!

SanDisk Professor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎09-12-2015

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

[ Edited ]

 

1.  Are you aware of the 2000 audio file limit (for internal memory and SD card memory) with FirmWare 1.27 and 1.29?

.  

 2  Maybe your MUSIC.LIB file is corrupted?  You should always use the Eject Command to allow the Clip Sport to properly compile the MUSIC.LIB file after each audio file copying session.  If nothing seems to make this work. Try deleting the MUSIC.LIB file from your SD card.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

Is the card class 10 or faster? Sandisk players have issues with cards that are faster than class 4. Try using a class 4 microSDHC card.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 8,152
Registered: ‎12-11-2007

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!


JK98 wrote:

Is the card class 10 or faster? Sandisk players have issues with cards that are faster than class 4. Try using a class 4 microSDHC card.


SOME Sandisk players have SOME issues with SOME cards that are faster than class 4.    Smiley Wink      Personally, as far as I am aware, I have not had this issue, and other users have reported similarly--it seems to be user/equipment specific.

Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎03-25-2016

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!


DFELD2005 wrote:

 

1.  Are you aware of the 2000 audio file limit (for internal memory and SD card memory) with FirmWare 1.27 and 1.29?

.  

 2  Maybe your MUSIC.LIB file is corrupted?  You should always use the Eject Command to allow the Clip Sport to properly compile the MUSIC.LIB file after each audio file copying session.  If nothing seems to make this work. Try deleting the MUSIC.LIB file from your SD card.


Where can I find the MUSIC.LIB file? I don't see it on the card. Thanks.

Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎03-25-2016

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!


Miikerman wrote:

JK98 wrote:

Is the card class 10 or faster? Sandisk players have issues with cards that are faster than class 4. Try using a class 4 microSDHC card.


SOME Sandisk players have SOME issues with SOME cards that are faster than class 4.    Smiley Wink      Personally, as far as I am aware, I have not had this issue, and other users have reported similarly--it seems to be user/equipment specific.


Thanks for your feedback. The card is 32 GB micro SD class 4. The card has been working fine with Clip Sport until last week.

SanDisk Professor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎09-12-2015

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

Here is a screen shot of my SD card directory.   Do you have these files on your SD Card? 

 

Maybe you could think about backing up all the audio files on your SD card and then reformatting the card?

Then when you insert the card into the player and turn it on, the player should automatically create all the required default folders and files.  Then you can copy audio files back into the card.

 

SD Card Directory.JPG

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,184
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!


ckao wrote:


Where can I find the MUSIC.LIB file? I don't see it on the card. Thanks.


You might to need to turn on "Show hidden files & folders" in your Windows Explorer Settings.