Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

@dfeld2005 wrote:

So after all these days your Clip Sport is still not properly playing all the audio files on your SD card?   Really sorry to hear this news…

I do know that the Clip Sport will automatically create a new MUSIC.LIB file on a newly formatted SD card.  Also, the Clip Sport will automatically recompile the MUSIC.LIB file each time you eject the player from the USB port of your PC.

I always use the Eject Icon in the “show hidden icons” area of my Task Bar (Win 10) after I have copied files into (and out of) my Clip Sport.  This gives the player a chance to complete all file transfers and then recompile the MUSIC.LIB file.

Today I backed up the files on both internal memory and sd card, formatted both of them, and saved the files back to both. On the sd card, there are below 2,000 files. I still have two issues: 

1. Very difficult to turn it on: I can successful turn it on on an average of every 20 tries. Each try I would hold the button for 30-60 seconds. 
  2. Still not reading the card: After “occasionally” I could turn on the Sansa Clip Sport, I was still getting the error message asking me to re-insert the SD Card. I followed it and it was still not reading the card.  

I wonder if I should buy a new one. Although not perfectly, my Sansa Clip Sport had worked for the past year and a half. Maybe it is reaching its life-span? It’s very frustrating… Any advice?