Audio files on SD card are segregated from the main device. Why?

What really pisses me off is that the Sport is not marketed as a reduced-feature model. I bought it in good faith and found it doesn’t have basic features which have been part of the Sansa lineup since whenever. (I’ve been using then since the one before the original Fuze model and I’ve had every one since. For me, the original Fuze was the most useable ever - pity it was so flaky. The second, larger  Fuze with touch controls was the worst ever, before the Sport came along.)

Exchanging my Sport for  a Zip or Clip+ is not an option for me, because I don’t have the original packaging. (It was bought for me by an American friend and posted to my country with other stuff.)

Your suggestion that the inability to combine the device and SD card databases is because the Sport may be starved of RAM makes sense - though not _common_ sense. Devices at least as far back as the Fuze combined their databases, and RAM was much more expensive then. At today’s prices, for a company that actually makes RAM to be using less, is penny-pinching to the extreme.  

While there is a tenuous excuse for the database issue, I can’t think of a single excuse for making ‘repeat’ the default and only play option for podcasts. Like - why would you want to listen through a bunch of podcasts and then go back and listen to them all again? Music tracks yes, but podcasts no. 

I guess I just have to toss my Sport in the wastepaper basket and buy another Zip.