Highlighted

Re: Audible/playback Issues

That is right.  The no cut off and no lag.  

But the downside is that you get your book in parts again, not in one nice big file.  But who could go along with missing the end of the book?  So I am back to books in parts once more. 

Still, I don't see how a new model like the Sport can go backwards and have so many less features.

Highlighted

I am going to try this right now and report back when I finish the book.  We loved the Clip+ for Audible books and the blasted Clip Sport and Clip Jam (I have 1 of each, trying to find something to replace the Clip+) lags and chops off the end of the books. 

Highlighted

The delay is much better with the new Firmware (1.27).  Delay is now only 3-5 seconds on pause/playback.

The 2-3 minutes of loss at the end of enhanced format Audible audiobooks is still there.

Sandisk Please FIX!

Highlighted

Issue seems to be resolved by using Format 4 instead of the Enhanced format.  No more LONG delays before the book starts and it also is not cutting off the last 20 or so seconds.  I agree that Sandisk seems to have taken a huge step backward with this.  Really prefer the old Clip+.

Highlighted

Just bought a Sandisk clip sport to replace a zip clip I have had for a long time with no complaints until I plashed milk on it. Who says there is no sense in crying over spilled milk. Now I have the sport and it has a terrible delay when I push pause ... especially when I UNpause it. Sometimes I don't think it will ever come on and I wonder if I really pushed the button and try to push it again and then that really causes trouble. I was considering taking it back to the store but If I'm understanding these posts correctly I would have the same problem if I exchanged it. I haven't even finished the first book yet. It says it has firmware 1.29. But I read it was better since 1.27 ... I guess not?

Highlighted

How do you choose mode 4 vs. enhanced? Is enhanced default? Do you choose this in Audible or on the Sandisk?

Highlighted

You do it on your Audible page, while you are in your Library.  It's above the Search Your Library box, on the right hand side.  There is a box that says Audio Quality and you should change it from Enhanced to Format 4.

The downside is that longer books will come in multiple parts, not in one piece.  But it is SO much better than losing the endings of all your books.  Plus, the annoying lag times go away.

Hope this works for you!

Highlighted
SanDisk User

One issue that does arise with Mode 4 occurs with multiple files. The Clip Sport has a cut-off in terms of title length. If the audiobook has a long title, and may have the additional listing  if part of a series ("Book X"), and you listen to the unabridged version so that is listed in the title, then the audiobook Part number comes at the very end of the title and may be cut-off by the Clip Sport. The only way to tell the various parts apart is by their total length.

If you copy them over from last to first, they will end up in the right order.

If Sandisk would make a player speciifc for audiobooks, they could avoid alot of other useless stuff (just Settings and Books). The slightly larger size of the Sport makes showing the runing time and toal length even when >10 hours each. The longer battery is a major plus.

I was really hoping this device could be my dedicated audiobook player.