SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Any hope for music integration?

@nonipoduser22 wrote:

Thanks, but that would mean taking out all my music from their album folders. I probably have over 100 albums. That's too much work.

Not necessarily. You could choose option 1: a playlist with all of your music. This for the «shuffle all» function. For shuffle play within an album folder normal folder mode will do.

SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

Sandisk finally realized that in the under $50 category the are competing against the ipod Shuffle, so their player only has to be better than the Shuffle. The Clip+ and Clip Zip(with Rockbox installed) are in many ways better than the ipod Nano.

But, make a good player and capture the market from more expensive players as well . . . .   Market share and profits are market share and profits, in the end.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Some cynical people might say that the Clip+ and clip Zip were too good for the price(especially after Rockbox is installed), so it didn't leave enough demand for a premium player at the $99(or perhaps $60 to $99) price point. They might also say that the Clip sport and Clip Jam were intentionally crippled for this reason. Even so, the clip Sport and Clip Jam are still so much better than the ipod Shuffle. 

I hope Sandisk come out with a $99(or less) player that is perhaps slightly larger than the Clip Sport(perhaps 25% wider and 25% taller?) that is still a clip on player,  has two micro SDXC card slots(or 32GB built in and one micro SDXC card slot), a larger screen than the Clip Sport has, 40+ hours of battery life(although 60+ hours would be much better), large database capacity, and integration of card memory with main memory(or else integration of the contents of two cards in the player).

SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

I hope Sandisk come out with a $99(or less) player that is perhaps slightly larger than the Clip Sport(perhaps 25% wider and 25% taller?) that is still a clip on player,  has two micro SDXC card slots(or 32GB built in and one micro SDXC card slot), a larger screen than the Clip Sport has, 40+ hours of battery life(although 60+ hours would be much better), large database capacity, and integration of card memory with main memory(or else integration of the contents of two cards in the player).

Just because you repeat this every day, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

SanDisk Guru

Smiley Wink

SanDisk Fanatic

I support JK98 – at the same time I have almost zero hope that anything like this will happen. Lucky me to have a more than good substitute: the FiiO X3 II. Still portable enough for jogging (on an armband).

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

The player you mentioned is expensive, and gets under 11 hours of battery life. If I want to buy a player between $150 and $200 though, it would be the one that has 32GB built in, a card slot, and 90 hours of battery life. I won't name it here though, since that would be inappropriate. Of course I would love it if Sandisk makes a player with a card slot(having two would be much better though) and 90 hours of battery life that is priced lower.

SanDisk Fanatic

Relatively expensive, true. But I'm never in the situation to even make use of the 11 hours runtime. As explained by manufacturers, high sound quality is bound to high current consumption. In view of this I find the sound quality of the Clips remarkable.

SanDisk Guru

The player you mentioned has high power output. when using efficient headphones or earphones though, having such high power output isn't necessary. I prefer to have longer battery life instead.

SanDisk Fanatic

A valid argument. I wouldn't necessarily need it either. But there's no other player in its price category with similar or higher sound quality that I know of.