Any hope for music integration?

@jazz wrote:

If it really has to be the Sport (which I appreciate for its sound quality) and you can renounce database involvement, there’s the Sport’s folder mode allowing access to all songs without a file-number limitation.

If you like shuffle play, there’s no other «clean» solution than putting your whole collection in a playlist, preferrably with all songs on the card, as a directory mix doesn’t seem to work reliably (it does with one of my cards, but not with the other…). There may be a song limitation somewhere above 5000, though.

In one of my two Sports I have a 64 GB card with all (>6000) songs straight in the «Music» folder to enable shuffle play through folder mode. This solution does work, but makes the player slow.

Thanks, but that would mean taking out all my music from their album folders. I probably have over 100 albums. That’s too much work. I’m just going to stick with my Clip Zip and Sansa Fuze, which both work great and have music integration and hold all my music. If I get another player, it might be a Sansa Clip+ from ebay or something since they’re discontinued now

@miikerman wrote:
Saying it again: make life easy and get a Clip+ or Clip Zip . . .

Ha! Right. I think the Clip+, Clip Zip and Sansa Fuze were the best players Sandisk made. It’s too bad they didn’t improve on them with the Sport and Jam.