ALWAYS crashes when attempting to transfer files. : ((

Well the “Playlist Problem” turned out to not be a problem at all.

But as if to compensate, there is a new problem. The Clip Sport crashes every time that I attempt to load files on it. If I want to transfer let’s say ten files, it’s not a problem, but if I  transfer even a mere hundred megabytes, then the Sport will crash, EVERY TIME.

I formatted the player via its onboard function, and using Windows Explorer, and I used the onboard Restore function. I looked for some sort of solution in the manual and in the Knowledge Base and I googled for it too. I tried transferring different groups of files, and I rebooted the computer many times. I rebooted the Clip Sport many times also. No luck.

ALL of these files, by the way, had no trouble being accommodated by my Clip+. The Clip Sport, however, won’t accept them.

Can anyone think of any reason this might be so?

I’m using Windows XP SP3 (because it’s the devil I know… and love!)

Thanks in advance!

First of all, I would try to check first if it’s a PC/OS problem, which is unlikely. Try to use another computer. If it’s still the same thing, then check if there’s a firmware update available too. 

Thank you for the reply!

I have found that certain cable/port combinations will allow me to successfully transfer files but cable/port combination that works once might not work the next time.

I didn’t have anything like this problem with my Sansa Clip+'s so I kinda don’t think that this is an OS/PC problem.

I installed the new firmware update and it had no effect.

Have you found a solution yet?
I’m having the exact same problem with a Clip Sport Plus.
I’m starting to think it might be an overheating cable or processor problem cause when I let the device/cable rest for a while it can transfer more songs before crashing.
To successfully transfer +100 songs, I have to start by transfering 25 songs, then 20, then 15, then 10 and then let it rest before transfering again cause whatever is overheating can’t handle it all at once.