new device totally frozen

This device arrived yesterday afternoon. I connected to the computer with the USB cable, loaded some MP3 files and it played with now problem. Earlier today, again, it played with np problem.
Now it’s completely frozen. It doesn’t respond to any of the buttons, and when I connect it to the computer, the computer doesn’t recognize that it’s there, even after rebooting the computer. FWIW, I connected both my phone and another device and the computer recognized their presence.
The other suggestions on the website make mo sense to me.
Any suggestions appreciated, since Sansa only provides e mail support.

press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. this should resset the player. then see if it will turn on. 

I recently had this problem with one of my Clip Sports. I finally figured out my player (with an older Firmware) does like the “m4a” files that I bought from the iTunes store.  As soon as I deleted these files from my player (and micro SD card), everything went back to normal. Yay !!

After you rescue your device using the method suggested by drlucky, make sure you do not have any m4a files on your device.

I recently had this problem with one of my Clip Sports. I finally figured out my player (with an older Firmware) does NOT like the “m4a” files that I bought from the iTunes store.  As soon as I deleted these files from my player (and micro SD card), everything went back to normal. Yay !!

After you rescue your device using the method suggested by drlucky, make sure you do not have any m4a files on your device.

Thanks for the suggestions. The computer now recognizes when I connect it, but the device still only occasionally obeys the buttons. It’s as if you have to find the perfect sweet spot or forget it.
At this point I’m not sure it’s worth the effort.

Yikes. Someone pointed out to me that I posted this in the wrong forum. I have a Clip Jam player.

Sorry