Time of MP3 player file

I just downloaded some music and my music files have time for an mp3 file with figures that make no sense. For example a 7 minute music file claims to be 56 minutes. But it does end after 7 mintues even though the bar is at the bery beginning of the file.

My podcast files the time of the files is correct so not sure why this is happening with the music files. There are a lot of number in the title and other places is this somehow causing confusion for the player.

What format are the problematic files in?  If they are VBR (variable bitrate), that sometimes can do whacky things to the timing display/calculation (although I don’t know that I’ve heard of it to this extent).

I download classical music for background music the top 200 album from amazon.

On my Sport player it is done correctly but not on the sports plus

First song is 7:24 with bitrate of 242 Kbps.

Yet on the Sport + the song is claimed to be 56:08 and the birtate is 32 Kbps.

Second song is 15:33 with bitrate of 243 kbps.

On sport + the song is claimed to be 1:58:35 also with a bitrate of 32 kbps.

So something is off. Many of the songs are claimed to be over an hour long and many 40 to 50 minutes long and it is annoying to not know when the song ends. It seems it is these two times. The bitrate is different then actual as is the time the song should be. Must be a bug.

Maybe the Clip Sport (and CS Plus) are not properly accessing variable bit rate audio files ??

Typical constant bit rate choices for mp3 files are 128, 192, 256, 320 etc.  I have never observed constant bit rates of 242 or 242.

Maybe check to see if your Amazon audio files are mp3?

Maybe consider converting one file to a constant bit rate of 256 and testing playback in your Clip Sport and CS Plus??

Maybe the Clip Sport (and CS Plus) are not properly accessing variable bit rate audio files ??

Typical constant bit rate choices for mp3 files are 128, 192, 256, 320 etc.  I have never observed constant bit rates of 242 or 243.

Maybe check to see if your Amazon audio files are mp3, variable bit rate ?

Maybe consider converting one file to a constant bit rate of 256 and testing playback in your Clip Sport and CS Plus ??

Are you using mp3 files extracted from YouTube mp4 files? 

The thing is on the clip sport it has no problem with the bitrate being 242 and this being listed and the time of the song being correct. Nor was this a problem with the zip although you don’t see the time elopsed you saw  the famous progress bar.

It is only on the clip sport plus. that the bit rate becomes 32 and it looks like if I multiple the birate by the time elapsed the two numbers are close and that is how a 7 minute song becomes 56 minutes althogh like I said the song only play 7 minutes then goes to the next song but it just leaves me no idea of how long the song really is and does this effect the sound quality as well.

Amazon creates the MP3 files when I bought the music which I saved and there are MP3 files with variable bit rates which never caused me a problem until now.

Sorry, I got a bit confused when you compared the 2 players.

Hopefully the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus program team are monitoring this forum and working on a FirmWare update ??

Are you enjoying the BlueTooth feature of the new Plus ?

I reported to sandisk support. Do you have a sample file you can share? That would help debug the issue.