The Great Big SanDisk Clip Sport Plus Wish List

@wootclip wrote:

This suggestion is a little out there but stick with me.  I would like to see the Sport Clip Plus support incorporate the rebble.io OS or the FreeRTOS.  It would be able to load apps through a phone like the old pebble watch.  It would communicate with your phone over blue tooth and apps might use the phones extended capabilities.  Sandisk could have it’s own app store or leverage one from rebble.io.  It would extend the device much further than an mp3 player.  I don’t know the processor and ram in the SCP.  Perhaps it is unable to meet the challenge.

Shanling kind of does this with their players. You can connect via cable to your phone and transfer. And there is a developer who created an app that works via bluetooth to act as a mirror to the player and you can make playlists and such. Would be nice if the app also acted as a transfer device so I could transfer a playlist via bluetooth as well or add music. But the direct cable option is nice. Haven’t tried it yet on my Shanling M1. Shame to see other companies doing things Sandisk had years to incorporate into their products to keep their players relevant. The Chinese off brands are improving and other companies that make hi res players with better DAC’s are making better products as well. Sandisk remains stagnant and seems to be going backwards.