My PC won't recognize Clip Sport Plus Player

I bought this product about a year ago, and it worked fine then (same PC/hardware/OS would recognize it and operate as expected).

Now, I don't know what has changed, but when I attach the USB connection, it won't recognize it. I've tried the troubleshooting here: https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14127 to no avail (note: I do not even get the "USB Device Not Recognized" pop-up). My computer simply does not seem to be aware that it is connected.

Is there a way to get the necessary drivers through SanDisk?

For reference, I'm running on an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

Thank you...

SanDisk Guru

Re: My PC won't recognize Clip Sport Plus Player

there are no drivers needed. this device uses the native mass storage class drivers included in windows. 

have you tried a different cable? also tried it on different computers? 

Same here.

Worked fine initially, but now my Windows 7 Pro PC doesn't see it. It turns on to charge upon plugging it in, but does not show as a connected device. I did try another PC (laptop) and also different cables, but neither of those suggestions work.

Thanks,

Same problem for me (and initially would not even charge). Not being recognised by Win10 (also on an HP Pavilion) but also on my Mac with latest MacOS. Hunted down my old netbook running WinXP - also not recognising.

Then thought let's find the cable that cable that came with the Clip - easy to recognise as it is a flat cable. SOLVED! Looks like the cable must have a different spec to standard micro USB. 

Never had this problem with old e200 series as the cable was unique.

SanDisk Guru

no it uses a standard micro USB connection. Maybe your other cable is bad. 

Nope.  It doesn't work on ALL micro usb cables.  I tried 5 before I found the cable that came with in and used it.  Viola!  Success.

Spot on.  The supplied cable works but others do not.  Not sure why.

Purchased last year now having the same problem, I have always used the cable that came with it but thanks to the reply that others made I used the cable that came with my ear phones and bingo, THAT WORKED AND THANK YOU !

[ Edited ]

SOLUTION: remap old drive letter to another drive letter

Go to:

- Controll panel \ Advanced Computer managment \ Disk managment

- search drive 'Clip Sport'

- right mouse click 'Change drive leter'

- change drive to 'S'

- open S drive

- enjoy Smiley Happy

Many cables are not "fully connected".

For example, cables that come with power banks sometimes only have the 5volt plus and minus connection and not the two data  transfer connections.

They often look identical to a data cable, but only supplyes the charging power, and are probably cheaper to produce.