Play sequence sometimes is wrong

I left this message on Amazons review site. It may be of use to you folks:

I wanted a new MP3 player that would hold all of my media. 32G was the ticket for my 20G of media. Sadly, this player won’t play the tracks in track order. I bought some music her on Amazon. My several year old Clip Zip plays the music in the proper track sequence, while this new one plays them in some odd order. I do NOT use shuffle. I tried to get the MP3 tags very simple (tracks changed from 1/15 to simply 01, disk changed from 1/1 to 1). I don’t know what it uses to determine sequence, and SanDisk players used to get this right. This one does not. I even updated to the latest firmware (1.04). I have always liked my previous SanDisk players. This one disappoints due to it playing tracks in the wrong sequence. I will hold out for a firmware update that addresses the problem. SanDisk->Use the MP3 tags to build the sequence list. I would rate as 5 stars if the track list was correct. This is VERY important to me that a player plays in the right sequence.

Update: I have 318 albums, for about 4,500 songs contained in just less than 20G. So when I loaded all of it to the player, I noticed some albums don’t play in the right order. I then deleted all music from the player, then picked out about 6G to load into it, including the albums I noticed didn’t play in the right sequence. Well, now they play in the right sequence. I have yet to figure out how much I can load up before the problem returns. For now, I will not load my entire library. Maybe a future firmware update will address the issue.

Maybe take a look at the suggestions I recently submitted in the Clip Jam section of the SanDisk Users Forum.

There are (at least) three music play modes in all the recent SanDisk MP3 Players:  

Each of these modes requires a bit of learning , personal testing, some patience and finally listening enjoyment.

https://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Jam/how-can-i-order-songs-on-the-clip-jam/m-p/370560#M911

All of the information you will  need is distributed within the SanDisk MP3 Player Forum.

If you have specific questions, then reply here and you should receive replies within 1-2 days.