Folder play

I realized that during “folder play” mode the files are not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to do that?

Read about the MS Windows program “FAT Sorter 1.0.4” at this website.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/FAT-Sorter.shtml

So far I have been unable to install this software (or any other FAT sorter) on my MAC.

With FAT sorter it works for me, but i hoped that some ordinary solution is possible as well. 

Also in alphabetical order it is possible to use song name browser though all songs all in one place. 

I have another question, I don’t want to start new topic. The mp3 player always ask me to allow a higher volume. Is it possible to permanently record this permission?

1. Folder Play Mode accesses one folder at a time by filename of the music files.  The ID3 tag data are not used for Folder Play Mode. You could try renaming the files with the song titles at the beginning of the filenames. Then use File Sorter.

2. I think if you select North America as your geographical region, the player allows the high volume setting (may need to verify more than one time).  European regions have a legal requirement for low volume setting.

The selection of geographical region is possible on first time use of a new player or first time use of fresh install of the player firmware.

1. Folder Play Mode accesses one folder at a time by filename of the music files.  The ID3 tag data are not used for Folder Play Mode. You could try renaming the files with the song titles at the beginning of the filenames. Then use FAT Sorter.

2. I think if you select North America as your geographical region, the player allows the high volume setting (may need to verify more than one time).  European regions have a legal requirement for low volume setting.

The selection of geographical region is possible on first time use of a new player or first time use of fresh install of the player firmware.

Still with the loudest volume it’s sometimes quite quiet… Is it possible to somehow “hack” this device to get higher volume?

In one of my previous sandisk sansa models I could install Rockbox firmware which had loads of options and user-freindly solutions but unfortunately it’s not working with this model… 

On my Clip Sport ( non Plus, non Go), the two volume settings work opposite of their menu names (Normal is louder than High).

Also, compare the various Equalizer settings.   

Also, compare a few different in-ear models of head phones  I have a few (Sony) that are too loud at the lowest player volume, when listening in a quiet room. 

The Rockbox developers have not focused on the newer SanDisk players in several years. 

On my Clip Sport ( non Plus, non Go), the two volume settings work opposite of their menu names (Normal is louder than High).

Also, compare the various Equalizer settings.   

Also, compare a few different in-ear models of headphones  I have a few (Sony) that are too loud at the lowest player volume, when listening in a quiet room. 

The Rockbox developers have not focused on the newer SanDisk players in several years. 

Thanks for advice. The fact that when setting North America as a region, the player does not ask me for the higher volume anymore. Likewise with better headphones, I do not have a problem with quieteness, but I will have to check it in more extreme conditions (on a bike when I’m on the road :))

Only I lack the “resume playing” option. It seems to me that after charging the player and moving files, he forgets the moment the playback ends. That’s why this option would be very useful.