volume limit

Hi,

How to remove the volume limit?

Please consider this option does not exist?

Best regards

First of all, don’t set the region to Europe, even if you do live in Europe. Next under settings, system setting, volume, set to high. If europe is chosen as the region, then you don’t get the option to choose high. In the menu,

see if you can find reset settings. If that won’t let you reset the region, then download the latest firmware, and manually install it on the player. After that you should be able to set the region. I guess choose rest of the world for the region? If you choose the US as the region, then I think the FM tuner won’t work right.

Thank you very much JK98. It’s ok with “Rest of the World”. :-)  :-)  :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. The problem with the volume cap is that the player doesn’t know which earphones or headphones are connected and how efficient they are, or high the volume is on your CDs. I noticed my older CDs tend to have much lower volumes than the newer ones. 

The EU means well by trying to keep people from listening at levels that are too high, however the way they have the volume limit set on players isn’t implemented well, and often leads to volume levels that are much too low. 

Instead of the built in limit, they should have a good education campaign about the dangers of listening to music at levels that are too high, and the dangers of using isolating headphones or isolating earphones when it is unsafe to do so(such as when walking through traffic intersections). It is sad when those who love listening to music damage their hearing by listening to music at levels that are too high.

" If you choose the US as the region, then I think the FM tuner won’t work right."

Just so no one gets confused by this, I was referring to people in Europe. Those in the US have no issues setting the region to US.

I have the player and I have gone through the Europe setting which I knew I didn’t choose but I went ahead and did a reset. Chose rest of world and the volume is still way to low.

Any other ideas?

Two suggestions:

1. For “Region”, try North America.

2. For louder volume. try Settings -> System Settings -> Volume -> High.

AND,  try my personal choice for Equalizer -> Pop.

Maybe report back here with your results?

A few suggestions:

1. For “Region”, try North America.

2. For louder volume. try Settings -> System Settings -> Volume -> High.

3. Try my personal choice for Equalizer -> Pop.

4. And, in my opinion, the earphones supplied with the Jam are pretty basic. Maybe try some earbuds with lower resistance and wider dynamic range.

Maybe report back here with your results?