minimum volume too loud

I find the minimum volume of my Clip Jam way too loud when I’m in silence. As a work-around I’m using the SW MP3Gain to reduce the “normal” volume of my podcasts to 75 dB. Then the minimum volume is much lower and more appropriate for quite environments.

However, as far as I know, there is no work-around for the radio. The custom equalizer helps a little bit to reduce the volume but that’s not enough.

Surfing the forums it seems the loud volume had already been a problem in previous models:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Volume-Too-Loud-Is-there-a-fix/td-p/22628

Is the loud volume an issue for you too? Has anyone found out a fix?

With the earlier Clip players, one could set the geographic region to “Rest of World” or something not the EU–the reason being, due to EU legislation, the volume is limited when the player is set to the EU region.  Is that possible for you/are you set to the EU region?  You may need to go into the settings and re-set.  (Note:  I’m responding based on how the Clip players generally have worked, as I don’t have a Jam–this all could be inapplicable here.)

With the earlier Clip players, one could set the geographic region to the EU and the volume would be lessened–the reason being, due to EU legislation, the volume is limited when the player is set to the EU region.  Is that possible for you?  You may need to go into the settings and re-set.  (Note:  I’m responding based on how the Clip players generally have worked, as I don’t have a Jam–this all could be inapplicable here.)

Thanks for your tip.

After trying all the available regions (NA / EU / RoW) I think the European minimum volume is the same as the other’s with the option Volume (Settings -> System Settings -> Volume) set to Normal (Normal / High).

As I already was using the EU region, I’m afraid there’s no option to lower the volume more.

I am using the San Disk Clip Sport (Firmware 1.28, North America region).

Under Settings -> System Settings -> Volume, there are two choices: “Normal” and “High”.  

I discovered the “High” setting is about half the volume of the “Normal” setting.

Does the Clip Jam behave the same way as the Clip Sport?

In my Clip Jam (version 1.03) the volume option (Normal or High) shows up in North America and RoW regions but not in Europe.
I suppose the Sport and the Jam behave the same regarding that setting.

Set volume to “High” is like set it to “Normal” and press volume up 2 or 3 times.