Why is this so badly designed for audiobooks?

I just had to mention one more thing I hate about the Clip/+/Zip/Jam, and that’s the way it suddenly runs out of battery with no warning whatsoever.  It just happened again - I’m listening to my book whille doing laundry and suddenly, the thing is just dead, with literally zero advance warning as I was listening.  

Yes, I realize that there is a visual warning, which would make total sense if this was a visual device, but it’s a listening device.  I don’t stare at my listening device, I listen to it!  Why is there no audible warning that the battery is running low?

As I said earlier, it’s a design flaw if I have to look at my listening device more than once per book.  I should be able to push something and it plays, and then push again and it stops, or if I push a different button, it goes forward or back in a predictable, reversible way.  Oh, and it should play sections of a book in the only logical order.  With the Jam, I’ve been very careful to load the three sections of a book in order, yet for two separate Audible books, it has ordered the sections Part 2, Part 3, Part 1 even though I was careful to load them 1, 2, 3.  This is especially problematic because I’m not allowed to see the entire book title once the files are loaded, so I have to listen to the beginnings to figure out which part is which.

The lack of a low battery audible warning was a design flaw on the Clip that should have been fixed by the very first Clip+.  Instead, they’re leaving in place all of the bad features, and taking away anything good!  It’s not rocket science to order files 1, 2, 3 rather than 2, 3, 1 - the earlier versions of the Clip were able to at least get that much right.