Short Track/Artist/Album names only ? No scroll possible ?

The Clip Jam is showing shortened names when scrolling through artists (etc).

For instance I have the following two Artists loaded on my machine:

Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode - Vcmg (Vince Clarke & Martin Gore)

But but these show with the same name like:

Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode

It would be nice to be able to see the full name - is there a way of doing this ?

If not, I would suggest the following options:

1. Manual Scroll.

Allow user to press-and-hold the “>>|” button when scrolling through artists  - which show the rest of the long names.

Currently a quick click on the “>>|” button and a quick-click on the middle (unmarked) oval button do the same thing at this point; they they take you to the albums by the artists.

2. Auto-scroll.

Like DAB radios (etc) do : scroll the text slowly after it has ‘settled’ for a second.

Personally this method can be slightly annoying I think: so the ‘manual scroll’ would be better I think. (Or at least this second option should be configurable).

Cheers

John

The controller used in this is pretty limited (same controller used in the clip sport) For sorting the artis feaild only support 12 characters so anything beyond 12 is ignored. This is a hardware limitation so it would not be changed unless something else is removed. 

Please can you clarify: is this limitation ONLY when using the LIBRARY or also when browsing in ‘FOLDER mode’?

Thanks in advance.

What type of ID3 tag are you using.

On my Clip Sport, I learned how to get scrolling display of my full album & song titles by using:

ID3 v2.3 with ISO-8859-1.