Kind request to Sansa programmers - reinstate simple playback option

[ Edited ]

Dear Sansa Programmers,

I have been a Sandisk customer for many many years and I always admired your products. I especially fancy your MP3 players, which are of high quality, user friendly, of perfect design and most of all, have all the functions one needs.

I recently had to upgrade from the Sansa Clip+ to the Sansa Clip Jam. I was so happy to get a new Sansa product that fits with my needs. Sadly, I was surprised that my favorite playback option was missing. The Sansa Clip+ had an option to "play all" files in a folder (including root folder and subfolders). Sansa Jam doesn't! One can chose to play single folders or files, but no "play all" files in folder option exists: one can only play files in one folder at a time.

I kindly ask you to please add this function in a firmware update. The reason I have an mp3 player is to avoid all limitations forced on customers by smartphone companies (especially the necessity to build "libraries" and "playlists" - real hassle when you have huge amounts of various music files/albums).

I sure hope that you will reprogram your playback menu to reinstate this simple yet most usefull function.

Thanks!

Pete

PS: example from Sansa Clip+ user manual:

"4. Alternately, from the Music menu, select Folders>External uSD Card and select either Play All or continue navigating through the folders to the file name of the song you want."

Sansa Clip+ play all menu.jpg
SanDisk Professor

Re: Kind request to Sansa programmers - reinstate simple playback option

What about selecting Music mode (or Card mode), then selecting "Artists", or "Songs", or "Shuffle".

I think any of these 3 choices will allow you to "play all"??

And at the top of the "Artists" and "Songs" listing, there is a "Shuffle" command.

I am using a Clip Sport to view these choices; I think the Clip Jam uses the same operating system??

Hi 

SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

Hello Pete. Thanks for your detailed explanation of this significant deficiency in the Clip Jam (and Clip Sport). I hope SanDisk is still paying attention to suggestions from loyal users. 

Highlighted

Wow, still nothing.