Kind request to Sansa programmers - reinstate simple playback option

Hi DFELD2005,

Thank you for your reply!

The way “play all” worked in Clip+ was to play all tracks in a folder (including subfolders), track after track until it played all songs in that folder (with subfolders).

“Shuffle” is an option that was useful on portable CD players when you had 15-20 songs and got bored of the order in which the tracks played (then again, the “shuffle” option often had a very limited algorithm and the songs would always shuffle in the same way…). With over 1000 tracks on an mp3 player nowadays, there is no point (in my case at least) in using the “shuffle” option as you never really get bored of the order in which the songs are played.

I also don’t organise my songs by “Artist”, or any sort of “Playlist” or “Library”, but rather by album/folder; hence, the “Artist” would be of limited help in my case.

As an example, this is how my tracks are organised:

root\ROCK\classic

\hard

\soft 

1. If I want to listen to ROCK, I choose: Folders -> ROCK -> Play all. That way, all ROCK tracks, including classic, soft and hard will be played one by one (…or shuffled if you prefer…)

2. On the other hand, if I feel like listening to hard rock, I choose: Folders -> ROCK -> hard -> Play all (or just play in this case)

Simply put, the Sansa clip jam gives only option 2… (It will not go from folder to folder, which is a problem when there is many subfolders.)

I still think that including “Play All” would be a very simple thing to do. I do not understand why it was removed in the first place anyway.

Again, I kindly ask Sansa to reinstate the “Play All” option on a future firmware update for the Sansa Clip Jam.

Many thanks!

Pete