How to organize files in 'Folder'

Hi everyone,

I always use ‘Folder’ to listen to my music. Primarily because the Jam doesn’t recognize more than 2000 songs which forces me to use the Folder option if I want to listen to most of my albums.

My problem is the order in which the files are organised within the ‘Folder’. The files, currently, are ordered partially alphabetical en partially at random. I have no idea why some albums are ordered 1-2-3-4-5-6 alphabetically and others go 3-4-2-6-1-5.

Has anyone found out how to manipulate files/folders/documents within the folder into (alphabetical) order?

Sincerely,

Someone who misses his clip+

1 Like

I assume that the Jam, like the Sport, organizes folders and files by when they were added as vs. otherwise (apart from when you are using the database).  A way to counteract this is to use a program like FAT Sorter periodically, which in essence sorts the files then there anew.  This may help you with at least part of your issue.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/sort-files-alphabetically-usb-stick-or-mp3-player.htm

As to your final comment:  the Clip+ still can be found . . . .     ;)     Check out the SanDisk Outlet store.   http://shop.sandisk.com/store?SiteID=sdiskus&Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=13937600&resultsperPage=100

If you click on the Clip+ models in the Sandisk store, all three show out of stock. Refurbished Clip Zip players are available on Ebay though at $30 for the 4GB. 

@jk98 wrote:

If you click on the Clip+ models in the Sandisk store, all three show out of stock.

There are some in the SanDisk Outlet store.

When I clicked on them today, again they are showing as out of stock.

I don’t recommend getting a plus or zip used or new.  Those models haven’t been in production for many years which means the batteries don’t have much time left, if they even can hold a charge long or at all.

@aarondude wrote:

I don’t recommend getting a plus or zip used or new.  Those models haven’t been in production for many years which means the batteries don’t have much time left, if they even can hold a charge long or at all.

1 or 2 isn’t THAT many years. The batteries would be fine.

The clip zips haven’t been in production for maybe about three years.  That’s long enough for me, but it depends who you are and how long you expect to have it I guess.  The clip+ has been out of production much longer, likely well before the Fuze+ was released.

Also if you find it you could be buying it from a shady seller.  I’ve seen some selling the clip+ on amazon and claiming ‘bulk packaging’ .  It could be new but I wouldn’t personally shell out 70 bucks to find out.

I’m not trying to be a know it all or bring anyone down.  This is just my personal experiance and two cents with devices such as these.  If you need to get it warrantly replaced as well you could end up getting a well used device that is worse off.  It’s happend to me with a lot of electronics really.

I just purchased a clip jam and am really excited to get this device.  It’s the best I’m going to do for the cheap price unless I want to roll the dice on a Chinese ipod look alike.

Happy Listening!