How do I shuffle through all my music?

Hey guys, just picked up a Clip Jam to replace my broken Fuze+.  I have a 32gb SD card that’s ~1/3 full, in addition to the 8gb on the unit;  trying to shuffle all, but it will only allow me to shuffle the albums on the main unit, or the SD card, but not every track combined.  This thing is starting to irritate me in that it seems to treat the onboard memory as a separate entity to the SD card, whereas my Fuze+ would play everything without any special modification (displaying a little icon to let you know if the track was on the SD card).  

Is this normal operation?

Is there any fix to this?

If there isn’t a fix, is there a workaround?

Will the program Rockbox work with the Jam?

“trying to shuffle all, but it will only allow me to shuffle the albums on the main unit, or the SD card, but not every track combined.”

That is how the Clip Jam and Clip Sport work. The internal memory is in a separate database from the card memory. 

"Is there any fix to this?’

No.

“If there isn’t a fix, is there a workaround?”

Put all you songs on the card. Keep in mind though that the database for card memory has a limit of around 2,000 songs.

“Will the program Rockbox work with the Jam?”

Rockbox is not available for the Clip Jam or Clip Sport, and it likely won’t become available, as the processor in these doesn’t seem capable enough to handle Rockbox.

That’s unfortunate.  

Second question, you may know an answer to this one, but I have a Clip+ laying around in my junk box that decided one day that it would no longer take a charge.  Is this a common issue with this system?  Are there any fix actions that I can do?

I wonder if the lead to the battery became detached.  If no other options exist, you could try opening the player up and re-solder (or glue using conductive glue), if that’s the case.

Did it suddenly stop being able to be charged? Do you remember dropping it right before that? Rachargeable lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries wear out over time, although they tend to gradually lose their ability to to hold a charge over time, even if they haven’t been used. 

As Tapeworm mentioned, it might be a battery lead that became detached. Did you try charging it using a mini usb cell phone charger? Make sure the charger says 5 volts on it. Most cell phone chargers are 5 volts, however some might be non standard.

Do I have a doppelganger in here? :smileyvery-happy:

Personally, I take it as a high compliment.    :slight_smile:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing!