Clip Jam not recognizing Sandisk 16GB Ultra Micro SD card with USB connection

I can get the micro SD to work with headphones, but when I plug it in via USB in my car, it goes right back to the main unit - even when it shows a song playing (on the Clip Jam screen) from the card!  

I’m an old fart with a low tech brain when it comes to digital music stuff.   So be nice:smiley:

Is your car radio able to switch views to your micro SD card?  Maybe it would show up in car display as an additional disk drive?

The Clip Jam (and Clip Sport) are only capable of accessing one storage memory at a time (internal OR external).

Alternately, does your car radio have an audio input socket?

I believe most head units in cars are too ‘dumb’ to see 2 different drives in 1 unit (internal memory & external SD card). It will see only the main drive in the device.

If you want to use an SD card in your car, I suggest getting a small micro-SD card reader to plug into the USB port. Alternatively, you could get a small flash drive like SanDisk’s Cruzer Fit & copy everything from both your player and the SD card onto it and just leave it plugged into the port in your car. That way, you don’t have to worry about re-charging the player or it getting stolen. The Fit drive is virtually undetectable, reliable and inexpensive. Plus it stores all your music, acting as a back-up in case you ever need to re-load your player for some reason.

I’m pretty sure the only input I have for audio is the USB port.  I’ll have to check.

There are several different icons along the bottom of the screen in on my car ('18 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport) but none of them would allow me to access the Micro.

Well, that’s a bummer - wish I hadn’t bought the Micro card now - pretty useless.    As you said, I’d have been better off buying a flash drive.

I’ve been looking at that Tascam deck that allows you to record direct to flash drive from CD and Cassette.   I ran a record store for ten years back in the day and have 1000’s of titles recorded on very high quality cassette.  It would be great to digitize them as they still sound REALLY good on my machines (have a stockpile of great cassette decks!)

I just bought a Cruzer Fit 16gb on Amazon, hopefully that will do the trick!

It occurs to me that this may be a good addendum to the Clip Jam manual - letting buyers know that the Micro SD will not work in your automobilie.

@fitness1 wrote:

It occurs to me that this may be a good addendum to the Clip Jam manual - letting buyers know that the Micro SD will not work in your automobilie.

All manufacturers of mp3 players with an external card slot would have to do this then as this situation is not unique to SanDisk.