Clip Jam locked on FW Upgrading - Don't Disconnect

I was charging my Clip Jam and when I went to turn it on I got the message of FW Upgrading - Don’t Disconnect.  I didn’t initiate a firmware upgrade on the device.  I can’t get to the device when connected to the USB of any of my computers now so I can’t try to download the latest firmware to the ClipJam.  None of the options holding down the power button or the holding down the power button and back button together are clearing the message and booting up the ClipJam.  Any advice other than buying a new one?

Although it takes some time, some have had success leaving the player on until the battery runs out, then plugging it in.

Problem is only when I have it plugged into the computer now does it stay on FW Upgrading - Don’t Disconnect.  When not plugged into the computer and I try to power on it flashes SanDisk for a second then immediately shuts off

so i waited for it to charge and now its dead unless i plug it in and when i do it still says “fw upgrading,dont disconnect” screen, and when i hold down center button it goes white, any advice?

After a couple of hours plugged in to the computer USB port with the “FW upgrading don’t disconnect”message, I eventually did disconnect and then plugged it back into the USB port again.

I then held the center button down for a LONG time, at least 15 seconds.

Eventually it reset, restarted and was back to the normal situation of charging and allowing you to add or delete mp3 files.

Hope this helps.