Clip Jam Froze, after Reset all Files Corrupt

My Clip Jam froze and I reset it.  When it came on no music; artists, playslist, albums showed all empty.  When I connected to the computer the device name, files and folders all display weird characters like wing dings.

What should I do?

Hmmm. Maybe copy the most recent firmware into the root directory. Then eject and hope for the best…

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Jam/SanDisk-Clip-Jam-Firmware-1-05-Download-and-Installation/td-p/353488

Maybe need to re-set the world region and the language. Where in the world do they use WingDings to communicate (Redmond?)

And/or perhaps reset again, or manually re-apply the latest firmware to do so?

if the files are showing like that when connected to the computer the files seem to be corrupted. Reapplying the FW will most likely not solve the issue. you will probably have to delete the files and reload them. 

Performed multiple resets.

Downloaded newest firmware.

Performed multilple resets.

Tried to delete drive. Would not let me.  Created new folder(music) in all of the mess.  Copied all of my music, 2 hours to new folder labeled music.

Kinda of works now.  Screw you sandisk.  This is why you have such a small market share.

Buying an IPOD.  

Hate you Sandisk.  Seven months and your product fails.  Pay more and get a real product

@corkjc wrote:

Performed multiple resets.

Downloaded newest firmware.

Performed multilple resets.

Tried to delete drive. Would not let me.  Created new folder(music) in all of the mess.  Copied all of my music, 2 hours to new folder labeled music.

Kinda of works now.  Screw you sandisk.  This is why you have such a small market share.

Buying an IPOD.  

Hate you Sandisk.  Seven months and your product fails.  Pay more and get a real product

Yeah, but how do you really feel?   :wink: