Audiobooks on JAM

Okay, it has been a while but here’s my review of the Unihertz Jelly for use as an audiobook player with the Smart Audiobook Player app. In short, I like the phone and it works well, it small and surprisingly easy to use. But as anticipated the battery life is a big issue. Depending on the battery saving options you have on and if you turn the antennas off you can get about a days worth of listening. I mostly use it as a backup phone now in my purse or for if I’m going out for the night and I don’t want to bring my big phone. In stand by it will last a few days and if the phone is off it will last months.

Meanwhile, I’ve been continuing my search for simple cheap media players for Audiobooks and so far the best one (less than $30-$50) I’ve found is the Benjie K3 (link here), it’s a cheap ~$25 media player on AliExpress. Like most all media players it was not made for audiobooks, so it has some quirks, but it does a good job because of one simple feature, it will continue playing where you left off. It’s small, has a good battery life, and supports microSD expansion. I’ve listened to a 10hr audiobook (over the course of a week) and the battery was about halfway. I put my books on a microSD card organized into folders and use the file explorer to find and play my books.