Audiobooks on JAM

@kmk_01kmk wrote:

Hi - Can you share what app you liked best for Android?

Smart Audiobook Player (link here) is the one that I use on my android phone, it is actually one of the reasons I switched from an iPhone to Android. It is the best audiobook player I’ve ever used and I love it. It has all of the features you ever wanted in an audiobook player and they even threw in a few more that you didn’t know you wanted. The free version is full featured for 30 days, after that you just have the basic features. Even though the basic version is good I do recommend purchasing the full version, I think it’s $2 and well worth it. The only problem is that it’s only for Android (not too big a deal since i’m never going back to an iPhone), but my phone is too large to exercise with, hence the reason I wanted a smaller audiobook mp3 player.

@kmk_01kmk wrote:

…MP3 players are probably considered a dying product line (although there are still a few of us who value them!), and probably developers are granted very few development dollars for their improvement.

Yeah, It seems like the only people that still use them are audiobook listeners (and there are quite a few of us). Some one should do a kickstarter for an audiobook player or even just to develop the firmware to upgrade an existing player to be optimized for audiobook playback. It probably wouldn’t be too hard for someone who knows what they are doing, there is already an opensource mp3 player alternate firmware project out there, but they aren’t really developing it anymore for new mp3 players, because of the decline in mp3 player popularity.

Since the prospects don’t look good for a decent audiobook mp3 player any time soon :cry:, I may just buy the smallest android phone I can find and use it as a dedicated audiobook player.