Audiobooks on JAM

Thanks for the idea. It’s definitely dirty, but not necessarily quick. I’m afraid I’d delete a track I still needed and would end up needing to reload the book!

1. My audiobooks don’t typically let me know when I’ve switched tracks. Sometimes I’ll get an older book that includes the announcement “End of track one” in the audio, but that’s the exception. 

2. If, at some arbitrary time, like once a day, I look at my current track in the display and decide to delete all prior tracks, there’s the added complication that track list only displays the first 30 characters of the title, so it’s not convenient (ex. current book displays “The Girl Who Takes an Eye For a” for all 9 tracks). Preplanning & MP3Tag would be needed to edit the book tags so the track number is visible in order to make this “quick”. 

The first time you lose your track, you can visit each track, if it asks you “Resume?” that’s your track. Unfortunately, the 2nd time you try this, all the tracks that weren’t your track the first time are now 2 seconds in, and they all offer to “Resume?” Takes quite a bit longer to find the correct track. In a 50+ track book, there are lots of opportunities to lose your place - this is the kind of book that the Jam is particularly ill-suited for. (It was a 52 track, ~60 hour book that changed my mind about the Jam being “adequate” for listening to audiobooks.)