Audio Books only play in one ear??

Has anyone else had this problem? I downloaded a few books from Audible and they don’t play in stereo - I only hear the sound from one ear bud. Is there a fix for this or is it normal? I tried the included ear buds plus a few others I had on hand. Thanks!

1 Like

I had the same problem with videos on FB2Mate too.

It may be the jack that is the problem. To be sure, try the headphones in another device. If they work fine, it is the jack. If they don’t, then obviously (new pair or not) the problem is the headphones.
Now if it turns out to be the jack you have basically two ways to resolve it. 1. You can yourself, or by taking it to a tech, have the jack repaired (if possible) or replaced. 2. You can get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and run it through a USB port instead.

I actually figured it out. Within the Audible app for Windows 10 (from Microsoft Store), I went into the downloaded settings and turned on the high quality option. I had to go back and delete the original downloads from the scandisk jam amd and re-download, but now I hear perfectly in stereo!

1 Like

Late respnse but thanks for your discovery.  Not sure how you discovered this but thanks.

Thanks so much for providing this advice! I was about to return the player to Amazon but the I saw your post and tried it and it worked perfectly. I wonder whether you figured this out yourself or whether Audible support suggested it. Thanks, either way