Accepted Solution

question about the mobilemate micro.

I recently got a new mp3 player with a microSDHC port and am thinking about getting a keychain sized card reader to carry a spare micro card with me so I can have 2 cards full of music rather than just one. I'm interested in the build quality of the Mobilemate Micro. Specifically, would the card be secure enough in the slot that I could leave it on my keys and forget it? Is there a cover? If not, can someone suggest a microSDHC reader that would give me the confidence I'm looking for?

Re: question about the mobilemate micro.

I have one of the MobileMate Micros on my keychain.  While I do not keep a memory card in there, it does hold the microSD card securely enough that I would keep one in there at all times if i wanted to.  It takes a little effort and a fingernail to get the card out.

Thanks for the straight answer. It's a really tough little device to find any information or feedback on. Do you only use Sandisk flash or would you be comfortable using other brands like Kingston in it?
Highlighted

Well, I have never used Kingston, but PNY works fine.  I would not worry about the kind of memory, it is a standard.  Obviously SanDisk would like you to use theirs, though!!