Highlighted
Accepted Solution

question about the mobilemate micro.

I recently got a new mp3 player with a microSDHC port and am thinking about getting a keychain sized card reader to carry a spare micro card with me so I can have 2 cards full of music rather than just one. I'm interested in the build quality of the Mobilemate Micro. Specifically, would the card be secure enough in the slot that I could leave it on my keys and forget it? Is there a cover? If not, can someone suggest a microSDHC reader that would give me the confidence I'm looking for?

Re: question about the mobilemate micro.

I have one of the MobileMate Micros on my keychain.  While I do not keep a memory card in there, it does hold the microSD card securely enough that I would keep one in there at all times if i wanted to.  It takes a little effort and a fingernail to get the card out.

Thanks for the straight answer. It's a really tough little device to find any information or feedback on. Do you only use Sandisk flash or would you be comfortable using other brands like Kingston in it?

Well, I have never used Kingston, but PNY works fine.  I would not worry about the kind of memory, it is a standard.  Obviously SanDisk would like you to use theirs, though!!