Accepted Solution

MobileMateSD+ 104 and my SD card

I just bought the new MobileMate to use with a new Sandisk 2GB SD card.  I am trying to copy pictures from my desktop to the card.  It gets to about 232 MB worth of pics and won't let me copy any more than that.  Windows recognizes that there are 1.89GB worth of memory on the card. 

I simply inserted the SD disk into the mobilemate and then plugged it into my pc.  It loaded and was correctly recognized as working.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  The only thing I noticed was that the SD card has a FAT file system and I can format it in FAT32.  I haven't done anything like that to it, mainly because I don't know if that is something that needs to be done.

Re: MobileMateSD+ 104 and my SD card

The error message I get when trying to copy pictures to the SD card is as follows:

"Cannot copy IMG_0059: The directory or file cannot be created."

This is the error message no matter what picture is selected. 

I had the same issue.  I formatted the card with FAT32 formatting and the problem was solved. I hope this helps, good luck!

thank you!  I did just that, and everything is great!

How do you format it with FAT32 formatting?

You need to have the card plugged in to your computer.  Just go to "My Computer", find the card and right-click it.  From the drop-down menu you should see a choice to "Format..." or something like that.

Is this why Sandisk doesn't spec the SD 104 for SDHC ?
I noticed that they changed the website page for SD104... it used to say compatible with SD and SDHC but they changed it to read just SD.  (they also changed the picture back to what the SD103 looks like).  
What's going on?

This is the new webpage:

SanDisk MobileMate™ SD™ Plus 5-in-1 Reader
SDDR-104-A11M

Price: $19.99

» Buy Direct
» Find a Retailer
» Compare Online Retailers
» Customers outside the U.S. and Canada, please click here

Transferring your photos, videos, music and data files between your digital devices and your PC is quick and easy, wherever you go, with SanDisks MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader! Just plug your flash memory card directly into the reader and youre ready to roll.

The SanDisk MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader works with the following memory cards, without the need for an adapter:
- SD™
- miniSD™
- MultiMediaCard™
- RS-MMC™
- TransFlash™

Advanced Features:

• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer
  • Backward compatible with all USB 1.1 ports
  • No additional card adapters needed
  • USB travel cable included
  • Extra cap and key ring included
  • Easy to install and use; no additional driver installation required for Windows ME, 2000 and XP. Driver included for Windows 98SE
  • Certified Windows XP and Mac OS X

That looks like a misprint to me because that is the 103 and not the 104 in the picture.

@PatW wrote:
Is this why Sandisk doesn't spec the SD 104 for SDHC ?
I noticed that they changed the website page for SD104... it used to say compatible with SD and SDHC but they changed it to read just SD.  (they also changed the picture back to what the SD103 looks like).  
What's going on?

This is the new webpage:

SanDisk MobileMate™ SD™ Plus 5-in-1 Reader
SDDR-104-A11M

Price: $19.99

» Buy Direct
» Find a Retailer
» Compare Online Retailers
» Customers outside the U.S. and Canada, please click here

Transferring your photos, videos, music and data files between your digital devices and your PC is quick and easy, wherever you go, with SanDisks MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader! Just plug your flash memory card directly into the reader and youre ready to roll.

The SanDisk MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader works with the following memory cards, without the need for an adapter:
- SD™
- miniSD™
- MultiMediaCard™
- RS-MMC™
- TransFlash™

Advanced Features:

• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer
  • Backward compatible with all USB 1.1 ports
  • No additional card adapters needed
  • USB travel cable included
  • Extra cap and key ring included
  • Easy to install and use; no additional driver installation required for Windows ME, 2000 and XP. Driver included for Windows 98SE
  • Certified Windows XP and Mac OS X

The other solution is to put a couple of folders in the root directory and divide your pictures into different folders. The Fat format has a limit to how many single files can be in a directory at one time. FAT32 resolves this issue as well.

@drtophat wrote:
I had the same issue.  I formatted the card with FAT32 formatting and the problem was solved. I hope this helps, good luck!