Reply
Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

Hello everyone,

 

I recently purchased a new 4GB SDHC Sandisk card as well as the SDDR-104-A11M reader.  I have Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) loaded as well as an XP SP2 Virtual Machine.  The Windows Vista OS recognizes that there is a USB device plugged in, but is unable to find any device drivers that will allow me to even see the card (unable to mount as a drive).  The XP OS, will see the drive, but asks me to format it every time I try to access the card via the card reader.

 

I have already successfully transferred pictures off the card via the camera and included USB cable so there is nothing wrong with the card.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do next to get this to work?

Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC


@dhedges wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

I recently purchased a new 4GB SDHC Sandisk card as well as the SDDR-104-A11M reader.  I have Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) loaded as well as an XP SP2 Virtual Machine.  The Windows Vista OS recognizes that there is a USB device plugged in, but is unable to find any device drivers that will allow me to even see the card (unable to mount as a drive).  The XP OS, will see the drive, but asks me to format it every time I try to access the card via the card reader.

 

I have already successfully transferred pictures off the card via the camera and included USB cable so there is nothing wrong with the card.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do next to get this to work?


Sounds like it could be an issue with the SDDR-104. Have you tried any other cards in this reader in either Vista or MacOS? If other cards dont' work as well it's possible the reader is bad. Try it on a Windows XP computer as well to see what happens.
Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

I have SDDR-104 reader and Im trying to read SD cards that are not SanDisk brand. It doesn't even see them. It sees the card reader and knows it has something but when I try to open it XP tells me to insert a disk into the drive. I know the cards work, because they have information on them and still work if I put them into my camera. Do the memory cards have to be SanDisk brand for them to work in the reader? I have a SanDisk brand micro SD that works fine in the reader.
Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC


@Howdy420 wrote:
I have SDDR-104 reader and Im trying to read SD cards that are not SanDisk brand. It doesn't even see them. It sees the card reader and knows it has something but when I try to open it XP tells me to insert a disk into the drive. I know the cards work, because they have information on them and still work if I put them into my camera. Do the memory cards have to be SanDisk brand for them to work in the reader? I have a SanDisk brand micro SD that works fine in the reader.
The SDDR-104 works with all SD cards regardless of brand. What kind of cards do you have that aren't working and what kind of camera do you have that they are working in? Have you tried putting the microSD into the full size SD adapter to see if the SD port on the SDDR-104 might be bad?
Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

It's a Canon Powershot SD450. No, I didn't try using the adapter but I will. Thanks for the idea. The brands on the cards are PNY 512m and Transcend 1g.
Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

I have a SanDisk Micro SDHC 4GB card and a MobileMate SD+ (model 104). It works fine in Linux with no drivers required - I plug it in and it just works. The SDHC card works fine in my phone (Voyager) as well. However, when I plug the reader and card into my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, it can't recognise the device. Is this just one more screwed up problem with Vista (as there are many, many of them), or do I need a driver (and if so, I still blame Vista since Linux "just works"). 

 

PGA 

Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC


@pgallen wrote:

I have a SanDisk Micro SDHC 4GB card and a MobileMate SD+ (model 104). It works fine in Linux with no drivers required - I plug it in and it just works. The SDHC card works fine in my phone (Voyager) as well. However, when I plug the reader and card into my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, it can't recognise the device. Is this just one more screwed up problem with Vista (as there are many, many of them), or do I need a driver (and if so, I still blame Vista since Linux "just works"). 

 

PGA 


 

 

Well, technically you do need a driver, but it is written by Microsoft, and I assume they have one for 64 Bit Vista...

 

Do a search on your computer for USBSTOR.INF and USBSTOR.SYS and see if anything comes up and where it is located.  If anything comes up, then, when it ask for a driver, point it to where USBSTOR.INF is located. 

Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

I'm having the same problems as PGA only with XP PRo.  I just purchased the Sandisk 4G SDHC and I can't get it to show up as a drive in Windows XP with my internal card reader or my  Sandisk External Imagemate 8-1 card reader. Are there any new updates or is there a Card reader that will read the Card?  The Cards is recognized in my Voyager Cell Phnone.
Thanks in advance!
Posts: 0

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC


@Pierbridge wrote:
I'm having the same problems as PGA only with XP PRo.  I just purchased the Sandisk 4G SDHC and I can't get it to show up as a drive in Windows XP with my internal card reader or my  Sandisk External Imagemate 8-1 card reader. Are there any new updates or is there a Card reader that will read the Card?  The Cards is recognized in my Voyager Cell Phnone.
Thanks in advance!

 

 

Neither one of your readers is SDHC compatible.  You will need to purchase a new reader, making sure it specifically says SDHC compatible.