MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

I transfered some mp3 songs via USB and a Sansa player which seemed to work ok. Now I would like to use the 4GB MicroSDHC card with my MobileMate SD+ to store data, drive letter shows up under My Computer, but when clicked on an Insert disk box comes up saying "Please insert a disk into drive F:".

How do I get my XP Media Center SP2 system to combo to be recognized?

Re: MobileMate SD+ and 4GB Micro SDHC

Unfortunately the sddr-103 mobilemate sd+ is not SDHC compatible. did you micro sdhc card come with a reader?

I have a Mobile Mate SD+ (Model SDDR-103) 
The newer MobileMate SD+ (Model SDDR-104) should work with Your 4 Gb. Micro SDHC card 

The following is from this SanDisk WebSite 

SanDisk MobileMate™ SD™ Plus Reader
SDDR-104

Price: $19.99

» Buy Direct
» Find a Retailer
» Compare Online Retailers
» Customers outside the U.S. and Canada, please click here

Sharing music, video, photos and personal data between your phone and your PC is faster and more convenient with SanDisk’s compact MobileMate Readers. Ideal for memory-enabled mobile phone users and photo travel needs, flash memory cards can be plugged directly into the readers. No card adapters are required. The MobileMate Readers are so compact, they can easily fit in your pocket so transferring information on the go is a breeze. All SanDisk MobileMate Readers support standard and high performance Ultra® II, Extreme® III and Extreme® IV memory cards. 

The MobileMate SD Plus Reader accepts the following memory cards without the need for an adapter:
- microSDHC™
- miniSDHC™
- SDHC™ 
- microSD™ 
- miniSD™ 
- SD™
- MultiMediaCard™
- MMCplus™ 
- MMCmobile™ 
- RS-MMC™
- RS-MMC™ Dual Voltage 

Advanced Features and Benefits:

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer
     No additional card adapters required
     Easy to install and use (no special driver needed for Windows ME, 2000,  XP and Vista)
     Certified Windows XP and Mac OS X

I have the SDDR-103 so I guess I need a new USB reader. However, the 4GB MicroSDHC did come with a Micro-SD to SD adapter and with all the SD readers I've tried (4x) I can't read the 4GB card either.

Do you need a special SD reader to read a 4GB MicroSDHD when using an adaptor?

Alan

I don't know if you can download a firmware upgrade for any of the readers you've tried (it's like software but it isn't loaded into the computer) but I beleive the MicroSD card to SD card apapter is just to make the connections.

Larktech1 wrote:

Do you need a special SD reader to read a 4GB MicroSDHD when using an adaptor?

Alan

yes the card reader has to be compatable with SDHC.

Yo.
DanJohnson.

Sandisk changed their website.  It no longer states that the SD104 does SDHC.   See below.
I don't know whats going on.   Maybe they realized it didn't work with SDHC so changed their marketing.

This is the new webpage:

SanDisk MobileMate™ SD™ Plus 5-in-1 Reader
SDDR-104-A11M

Transferring your photos, videos, music and data files between your digital devices and your PC is quick and easy, wherever you go, with SanDisks MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader! Just plug your flash memory card directly into the reader and youre ready to roll.

The SanDisk MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader works with the following memory cards, without the need for an adapter:
- SD™
- miniSD™
- MultiMediaCard™
- RS-MMC™
- TransFlash™

Advanced Features:

• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer
  • Backward compatible with all USB 1.1 ports
  • No additional card adapters needed
  • USB travel cable included
  • Extra cap and key ring included
  • Easy to install and use; no additional driver installation required for Windows ME, 2000 and XP. Driver included for Windows 98SE
  • Certified Windows XP and Mac OS X

That looks like a misprint because that's definitely the 103 in the picture the older version that does not support sdhc.

@PatW wrote:
Yo.
DanJohnson.

Sandisk changed their website.  It no longer states that the SD104 does SDHC.   See below.
I don't know whats going on.   Maybe they realized it didn't work with SDHC so changed their marketing.

This is the new webpage:

SanDisk MobileMate™ SD™ Plus 5-in-1 Reader
SDDR-104-A11M

Transferring your photos, videos, music and data files between your digital devices and your PC is quick and easy, wherever you go, with SanDisks MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader! Just plug your flash memory card directly into the reader and youre ready to roll.

The SanDisk MobileMate SD Plus 5-in-1 Reader works with the following memory cards, without the need for an adapter:
- SD™
- miniSD™
- MultiMediaCard™
- RS-MMC™
- TransFlash™

Advanced Features:

• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified for fast data transfer
  • Backward compatible with all USB 1.1 ports
  • No additional card adapters needed
  • USB travel cable included
  • Extra cap and key ring included
  • Easy to install and use; no additional driver installation required for Windows ME, 2000 and XP. Driver included for Windows 98SE
  • Certified Windows XP and Mac OS X

Okay, but my SDDR-104 looks exactly like the picture that you said was an SDDR-103.  On the "spine" of the reader it does definitely say SDDR-104, so am I safe to assume that with that "label" and the SDHC - miniSDHC mentioned on the front of the reader itself it will handle the Class 6 SDHC and miniSDHC cards from SanDisk and other SDHC manufacturers?  I'd hate to spend the money for a 4Gb or 8Gb SDHC card only to find out it won't work.  BTW, the PQI Hi-Speed 2Gb cards (Model AE30-2030-0101 ) work great.  Recommend reformatting from FAT to FAT32 but they are fast and I have had NO problems with them.

@rmerts wrote:
Okay, but my SDDR-104 looks exactly like the picture that you said was an SDDR-103.  On the "spine" of the reader it does definitely say SDDR-104, so am I safe to assume that with that "label" and the SDHC - miniSDHC mentioned on the front of the reader itself it will handle the Class 6 SDHC and miniSDHC cards from SanDisk and other SDHC manufacturers?  I'd hate to spend the money for a 4Gb or 8Gb SDHC card only to find out it won't work.  BTW, the PQI Hi-Speed 2Gb cards (Model AE30-2030-0101 ) work great.  Recommend reformatting from FAT to FAT32 but they are fast and I have had NO problems with them.
yes sddr-104 is sdhc compatible