Accepted Solution

Firmware update failure

I purchased an ImageMate 12in1 reader yesterday and tried to upgrade to the latest firmware which failled.

On the first upgrade try it stated it was going to upgrade from rev 9339 to 9346.
I now get a message saying it is trying to upgrade from rev 9321 to 9347 which still fails.

I rx a message stating "Erasing Firmware - Please Wait" .... fine
then it moves on to "Programming" and I rx a message "Error while writing the Firmware"
and finaly "Programming Not Finish" - "Device will be SafeRemoved"

After disconnection & reconnection of the reader it still appears to be working - but slowly.

Are there any specific instructions for running the firmware update that I have missed - causing this to fail ?

Many Thanks for any assistance

Re: Firmware update failure

What is the product number of your reader?

The model number is SDDR-89 V4
Part number 20-90-03103

Plus I was running the firmware upgrade from a machine running XP Professional ... in case that makes any difference ?

Cheers,
Martin

Did you have a card inserted into your reader when you ran the firmware updater?  You may have to call SanDisk Tech Support m'friend to get their input on  your problem...
Message Edited by Warl0ck on 02-25-2008 07:38 AM

Is there any resolution on this problem? I got the exact same error with the exact same product(version, part Number,model number). I also did this upgrade on Windows XP pro SP3.

Please please if anyone know, please share this with me.

I didn't find any exact resolution to the problem ... and never went as far using the helpdesk.

I ended up using a different firmware patch (can't remember which one now !) ... not a perfect solution as I can't use the program that adds the icons to the windows explorer, so I have to guess :smileyhappy :smileyhappy: which drive letter is for which card slot ! ... and the leds on the card reader light up for the wrong card slot !

But - it works and I've learned to live with it. The data transfer rates went back to what I would expect.

One day I may try again ... just can't devote the time to trying to sort the problem out. I would have hoped SanDisk would have had a resolution by now - or just another firmware version that will work with those readers already in a "strange mode".

In short - sorry I didn't drive this to a resolution.

Highlighted

Call SanDisk. They might be able to replace it if still under warranty.