Highlighted

2 GB SD Card Won't Load ImageMate SDDR-89

I purchased an ImageMate 12 in 1 card reader last week and a 2 GB SanDisk SD card.  My wife copied about 500 pictures to it in 5 directories.  So the reader and the card worked.

After ejecting the card is no recognized when inserted into the card reader.  Doesn't work on my Mac.  Doesn't work on my Windows XP laptop.  In fact, it sort of locks things up.  I get the feeling it's taking a long time to mount and just times out.

I've updated the firmware to the latest version on the SanDisk web site.

Any ideas?

Re: 2 GB SD Card Won't Load ImageMate SDDR-89

sounds like it could be a bad card. does the card work in any other devices?

I did get it to work over the weekend by using the card reader in an HP printer.  Based on this and the fact that it also works fine in my digital camera, I would say the SD card is fine.

There is nothing wrong with your SD card. The 12 in 1 reader is a piece of junk plain and simple.  I too have a 2 gig card and the reader will not see it for all the tea in China unless you slowly and repeatedly insert the card and then if you are lucky, it will work.  I have an older 16mg SD card and it works everytime but if you compare the two SD cards, you will notice that on the 2 gig card there is an extra contact raised above the other contacts not present on smaller SD cards and an extra contact (smaller) on the other side. I firmly believe that Scandisk should refund the money anyone has spent on this reader.  It will not read their own cards!

I have a cheap USB stick that allows an SD card to be inserted and plugs into a USB port.  It works everytime without fail.  Price $3. 

try the firmware update for the sddr-89, firmware may resolve the issue.

Firmware update not available for my part numbered unit as per the Scandisk website.  I stand by my comments. The unit is junk and it won't read a memory disk that is made by Scandisk.  If I could get my money back, I would.

Emtronics wrote:
Firmware update not available for my part numbered unit as per the Scandisk website.  I stand by my comments. The unit is junk and it won't read a memory disk that is made by Scandisk.  If I could get my money back, I would.

first as you can see from the top of these pages it is SanDisk not ScanDisk.

second the reader you have must be very old. maybe it is time for an upgrade. i think the warranty on your reader is 1 year if you are still with in the warranty period try contacting SanDisk tech support and ask about an RMA.