Highlighted

SanDisk Extreme IV Firewire reader and Apple Macs running Snow Leopard

Hi I am running OSX 10.6.6 on a MacBook Pro (2.4GHz IC2D 4 GB RAM) and an iMac (2.8GHz IC2D 4 GB RAM).

I have tried FW 400 and 800 directly onto both computers and the cards (Sandisk Extreme III 2.0 & 4.0GB) won't mount.

System profiler shows the card reader attached to the Firewire bus.

Can anyone confirm that Snow Leopard is compatible with this product? If so what do I need to do to get it to work.

Regards

FL

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk Extreme IV Firewire reader and Apple Macs running Snow Leopard

it is compatible. has it ever worked oth those computers? the reader could be bad. 

Highlighted

Hi drlucky.

It has worked with earlier versions of the OS. I just tried it again recently with no luck. Is there any way to test the reader?

Regards

FL

Highlighted

I have the same problem.  I've been trying to fix it for over a year with no luck.  Reader worked great for over 2 years, Upgraded to Snow Leopard and boom... it doesn't work.  I've downloaded the "fix" from sandisk, but it just crashes every time I try to run it (downloaded mulitple times to ensure a good download).   Little to no support from Sandisk about this problem, and I'm done using their readers.  I now use slower USB readers from other manufactures.  I don't know what else to do.