Problems with SanDisk Imagemate 12 in 1 Card Reader

I just purchased a new Olympus camera that came with a Sony 4GB SDHC memory card.  In the past, my SanDisk card reader has worked flawlessly but for some reason, it doesn’t want to work with this card.  I’ve downloaded and installed the latest available driver for this reader from the SanDisk site but it doesn’t seem to matter.

As I click ‘my computer’ on my system, I can normally read the card reader drives just fine and have been using this reader with no issues for quite some time.  When I insert this new Sony SDHC memory into the card reader, the little green light comes on to acknowledge the card and everything appears normal until I go to ‘my computer’ and attempt to read the drive (card contents).  Then the green light goes out and seconds later, the card reader drives disappear from ‘my computer’ and aren’t shown until I reboot or re-install the driver.  I’m using this on an XPproSP2 machine but don’t know that this is where any compatibility issue is coming from so… I come here for answers - PLEASE HELP… :-)    TIA

as an update, I just noticed that some sandisk card readers may not support SDHC - mine included?  The table on the page below shows SDHC support as a blank (rather than a yes or no).  My reader is a part# 20-90-00136

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/108/~/updating-the-firmware-for-the-imagemate-sddr-89-%2812-in-1%29-%26-sddr-99-%285-in-1%29

@cover wrote:

as an update, I just noticed that some sandisk card readers may not support SDHC - mine included?  The table on the page below shows SDHC support as a blank (rather than a yes or no).  My reader is a part# 20-90-00136

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/108/~/updating-the-firmware-for-the-imagemate-sddr-89-%2812-in-1%29-%26-sddr-99-%285-in-1%29

That would be my guess. Not all card readers support the SDHC format (4GB & up). Luckily, card readers are very inexpensive. You can get them on Amazon.com for a pittance. I ususally buy several at this price, in case they fail or get lost. They ship very quickly too. :smiley: